Chapter 9

"Hi bae." Callie shrieks as she opens the door. "And hi Mike."

"We met in the elevator. She's done screaming at me now. I think." Mike grins.

"Good to know. Ben's in the kitchen making dinner. Go help him." Callie laughs and Mike walks into the kitchen. "Come on in bae. Drinks are ready."

"That sounds wonderful." Eliza sits on the couch and reaches for a glass. A moment later she puts the glass back down but somehow misses the table and the glass breaks against the floor. When Eliza bends to pick up some of the broken pieces she screams out in pain and Mike, Ben and Callie come running from the kitchen.

Mike reaches her first and asks "Are you okay, Lizzie?" He takes her hand and looks at it. There's a cut in the middle of the palm but luckily it isn't so deep.

"Come on. You need to rinse it and make sure there are no pieces of glass in it." He gently pulls her to the kitchen and places her hand under the running water.

"I'm so clumsy sometimes." She sighs.

"It's okay. We all are but you need to be careful around glass, Lizzie." He says seriously.

"I know doctor." She replies dutifully but with a flirtatious undertone.

He leans in and whispers in her ear "I do house calls under special circumstances. This should count as one."

"I'm feeling a little dizzy. What does the doctor say to that?" She looks at him innocently.

"You should lie down." He says seriously.

"I'm fine, Mike." She says with a laugh.

"Are you okay, bae?" Callie asks concerned as she enters the kitchen.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just a minor cut." Eliza replies with a smile.

"Good thing we had a doctor in the house." Callie winks.

"Yeah." Eliza says and admits "I think I hate him a little less now."

"Jesus. That was almost a compliment. You really should lie down." He laughs.

"I agree." Callie says with a wink. "I'll let the doctor take care of you while I watch my man clean up your mess." She winks again.

"She's still trying to get us together." He says with a laugh after Callie has left the kitchen. Eliza laughs with him and says "Yeah, she'll never stop until one of us gets a partner."

"I don't even think that'll stop her. She won't stop until we're a couple." He says thoughtful.

"Hell freezes over before that'll happen." She says but with her voice betray her.

"Mmh." He murmurs and his gaze burns with lust.

"Stop looking at me like that. You can't do that here." She whispers, her voice thick with need.

"They're busy cleaning up after your mess, Lizzie." He laughs again and places a soft kiss on her lips.

"They won't be busy with that forever." She mutters and just as she's finished the sentence Callie comes back into the kitchen and Mike laughs and says "She'll survive Callie."

"I didn't expect anything less from the amazing Dr. Mike." She winks at him and he laughs heartily before she throws away the glass shards she holds and goes back into the living room.

"Oh my god." Eliza laughs and pulls her hand out from under the water. "I totally forgot about your rising status on social."

"It's nothing." He flushes.