Chapter 16

Later that day Ben and Callie come to visit with a big teddy bear and the biggest bouquet Eliza's ever seen.

"Where am I supposed to put those gorgeous flowers sweetie?" She asks and look around the little room.

"At my place of course." Mike says.

"Why is she going to put them at your place?" Callie asks confused.

"Because in order for her to not stay at this hospital for the next 6 weeks then she has to be with Mike. He can watch her and when it's not him it'll be you." Ben chirps in and Mike nods.

Callie smiles brightly. "Uuh, I like that. Then we're going to be so close to each other. And I'm guessing you two can't have sex so I can just come and go all the time."

"Not ALL the time. Please don't check in while we're sleeping." Eliza laughs.

"There's actually something else we have to tell you guys." Mike says and looks at Eliza who nods. "We're together now. For real."

"Finally! I've waited so long for this to happen." Callie jumps up and down from happiness and Ben just smiles happily. He's not surprised after his conversation with Mike yesterday.

"And we're.. Ehm.. I'm.. Well, you're going to be an aunt, bae." Eliza says and holds her breath.

"ohmygod, ohmygod, OHMYGOD. BEST! NEWS! EVER!" Callie screams and Ben agrees. "When, when. WHEN? And is the baby okay?"

"Yeah, the baby's fine and I'm barely pregnant. So you'll have to wait about 36 weeks to meet your niece or nephew." Eliza looks at Mike and they both beam with pride.

"You guys look so happy." Ben says and Callie cries happy tears.

"We are." Mike says and Eliza adds "Despite everything."