Chapter 18

The last week passes by so slowly that Eliza almost starts to think she'll lose her mind but finally Sunday afternoon comes around and she almost runs inside the hospital for her check-up.

"Mike, can't you at least TRY to keep her in a leash? She's a bit wild today." The receptionist laughs and greets them both happily.

"Trust me, I tried. She thought I was joking." He mumbles.

"Tanya, finally." Eliza yells when doctor Tanya Heyes comes out from her office "I'm feeling great today. I'm very much ready for this thing to come off."

Tanya laughs. "I see that your spirit hasn't changed. That's a very good sign."

"Nope, still me. I'm more than ready to come back to work in a week." Eliza's face light up when she mentions work.

"You're going to have to give her a restriction for every workday. Otherwise she'll just work an entire week, Tanya." Mike says with a sigh.

"That doesn't surprise me." Tanys laughs. "Listen to Dr. Mike, Eliza. You can't exhaust yourself within the first 3 months. Your body still needs to heal completely. If you follow me to the scanner, I can tell you how much rest you need."

The scan shows that the healing process is going better than expected so Eliza doesn't need the neck brace anymore.

"I have to ask you something very important, Tanya." Eliza blushes and Mike laughs quietly behind her.

"Go ahead." Tanya gestures for her to continue.

"If I still need to be careful for 2-3 more months, does it mean I'm not allowed to have sex?" She looks so heartbroken when she asks that Tanya reaches for her hand and presses it reassuringly.

"No, it doesn't mean you can't have sex. You just have to be careful. Nothing that involves standing or your head of course or straining your neck. Seeing as Dr. Mike is your man. Erhm, I mean your boss of course. And sees you more often than I do, you can ask him if you have any more questions on this matter."

"Thank you Tanya. For everything." She smiles brightly and sends Mike a big smile over her shoulder.

They talk a bit more about training and stuff she isn't allowed to do apart from the obvious like bungee jumping.

Half an hour later they leave the hospital and she jumps into the driver's seat. "Let me drive, pleeeaseee. I haven't been the driver for 6 god damn weeks." She sends him puppy eyes and he laughs before he gives her the keys and jump into the passenger's seat.

When they reach the freeway Mike wonders "WHY are you driving this fast? You are a pregnant woman who's still recovering from a double broken neck."

"Because I'm still me. I'm never going to stop loving speed and fast cars. What the hell did you expect when you gave me the keys to your Ferrari?" She almost drools when she mentions the car.

"Honestly, I expected you to drive to the nearest place where we could be alone and jump my dick." He laughs heartily.

"Why do you think I'm driving THIS fast? My bed is calling for us." She laughs and lift her foot from the gas for a bit to slow down. He laughs along with her.

Shortly after they arrive at her apartment and for the first time in almost 2 months they make sweet, gentle love that leave them both emotionally exhausted and happy.

"Oh my god. So that's what sex is? Now I remember and understand why my body has been craving it so badly these past months." She lets a hand run up and down her naked body.

"Too bad I can't give you a blowjob yet. I really miss that." She sighs and so does he. "You kind of can if you really want to. We just have to level your mouth and my dick, baby." He laughs. "But I'd really love to wait with that. You need to rest now." He intertwines his legs with hers and kisses her deeply.

She gasps for air when they finally stop kissing and say "Then you have to stop kissing me like that and tell your amazing dick not to press against me. It's making me wet."

"You seem to always be wet near me." He slides a finger through her wetness and is rewarded with a loud moan. "Always, babe."

"Just like I'm always so impossibly hard near you, my love." He kisses her again and places one hand on her stomach.

After a few minutes of silence she asks "What are we going to do when the baby comes? How am I going to fit baby, work and medical school into my schedule?"

He looks at her with a cocked eyebrow "You've decided to go to medical school?"

She nods. "Callie said that I'd probably get a really hot attending so that's worth a shot."

"You can't sleep with your attending, you know that right?" He says plainly. "You can't let your sex crazy hormones decide this for you."

"Oh, so we can have a child together and I'm guessing we're going to live together but when you become my attending we'll no longer have an active sex life?" She looks at him in doubt.

He shakes his head. "You don't know if I'll be your attending and what I meant was that we can't have sex at the hospital. And you'll probably be too exhausted at home. And yes we should definitely live together when our wonderful child arrives."

"It's going to be you. I'm not going to medical school if I don't get the best attending there is. The hospital's going to accept my terms." She laughs happily.

He sighs. "Yeah, they will but you don't know what happen when they find out we're a couple. There are rules about this and we broke them."

She laughs. "Just don't tell them we had sex at the hospital, then I'll be fired. You're not really my boss right now. You know that right? And the rules only prevent relationships between bosses and their employees. I'm not sleeping with the head nurse or did you get a new title I don't know about?"

"Technically you're right." He mutters.

"Good. We'll talk to them together and I'll tell them that I will only go to medical school if they stay out of our relationship and if I get you as my attending." She kisses him softly.

"Just so you know, baby, I was already assigned as your attending and you're already enrolled. Also they told me to do WHATEVER I had to, to get you to agree. Seducing you was definitely mentioned when reading between the lines." He laughs and kisses her.

"Oh my god. What's wrong with these people?" She asks horrified but her voice is laced with deep love for all her co-workers.

"They love you too much to see your talent go to waste AND they think of all the lives you're going to save, baby." He kisses her again.

"You guys are all crazy. I'm never going to make it as a doctor. You're going to have to test me 24/7 for me to succeed." She groans.

"Which is what I'll do then. Baby, believe me. You have the skills it takes to do more than what you do now. You are a warm and kind person, and all your patients love you." He looks at her with honesty and love clear in his eyes.

After a few moments of silence, she says "We'll get through this together. I love you."

"I love you too baby. I'm excited about our future." He sweetly slides a hand over her stomach.

THE END