Chapter 10

Two months later they are back to their old selves and fighting over the smallest things. "Seriously, Elizabeth. You need to cool the fuck down." He hisses between clenched teeth.

"YOU calm the fuck down, Mike. I can't go back to this shit again." She is practically boiling with anger.

"I AM calm." He says frustrated.

"So the fuck am I." She states but it's clearly a lie.

"Let's just not do this anymore. No more sex. We go back to ignoring each other." He sighs.

"Great fucking idea BOSS." She hisses. They are fighting because a girl told Eliza that she'd slept with Mike and Eliza wasn't aware that they had sex with other people. Mostly because she couldn't see how any of them could find the time to do that.

"Lizzie, don't be like this." He pleads but she leaves without answering him.

Later that evening Lizzie finds herself pacing back and forth in Callie and Ben's apartment. "Shit, he's back to being an asshole, Callie. He slept with Mindy from the Obgyn department."

"And he's not allowed to do that... beeecauuusee?" Callie asks confused.

"Because she says it happened at the hospital." Eliza looks angry.

"That's a lie. Mike would NEVER do that." Callie says surely.

What Eliza can't tell Callie is that Mike actually would do that, because he did it with her. After two weeks with three double shifts last month, he'd taken here into his office and then he'd fucked her so deliciously well that she actually had trouble walking properly for a few hours after. He'd told her he'd sworn never to do that again, but they lost a patient that night which made them both sad and the needed the comfort.

"That's actually not true, honey." Ben says from the doorway. "He'd fuck someone in the hospital if he's in love with her. Being in love with a woman make us men do the craziest things." He winks at Callie who looks at him with love and adoration written all over her face.

Eliza almost drops her glass and gapes "You think he's in love with Mindy?!"

"Oh god, no. I've never heard him mention any Mindy from the Obgyn department, but he's mentioned a nameless nurse countless time these past months.

"Do you know who she is?" Callie asks curiously.

Eliza sighs. "I might have an idea."

"Tell me more." Callie shrieks.

"Let me look into it first, please. Then I'll tell you everything." Eliza promises and Callie agrees.