Chapter 12

"Are you two really not together?" The text message from Callie ticks in when Eliza steps out into the lobby.

"No. It's just sex, Cae. And we didn't really want to tell anyone because it complicates everything." She texts back.

"Ben's just told me he already knew." Eliza looks at the word and is hit by surprise. "How?"

"He saw the signs and asked Mike who admitted to him that you guys slept together. I can't believe that he didn't even tell me."

Eliza smiles. "He knew it was my secret to tell."

"It's actually very romantic, Eliza. Wait, so it was you he had sex with at the hospital? Now it makes sense that you were so mad about that Mindy chick."

Eliza's been waiting for that question. "Yeah. It was me and I wasn't THAT mad."

"Yeah, you were. But I'm so proud of you and happy for you, bae." Callie's words are full of love for her best friend.

Eliza smiles when she types the words that end the conversation. "So am I. Talk more tomorrow, bae. Goodnight."

When Eliza comes home, she goes straight to bed but it's impossible for her to fall asleep. She tosses and turns for a few hours and then she gives up and goes to the kitchen for a midnight snack. The clock shows 11.43. It's not that late for a Friday when she has Saturday off.

She's just reaching for the fridge when there's someone at the door. She hurries to it and just as she expected it's Mike who is on the other side.

"Hi." She murmurs and the look on his face makes her realise that she's wearing her sexiest underwear.

He coughs and croaks "Hi. May I come in?"

His eyes roam her body hungrily and she asks, "In through the door?"

"That too." He mutters, his eyes are glued to her body and she steps backwards. "Come on in, doctor. But are you sure you're okay? You look a little flustered."

"I might need a little check-up." He says and finally meets her eyes. His are full of lust and longing and something else she can't quite put her finger on.

"What are your symptoms doctor?" She smiles innocently at him.

"I'm feeling a little out of breath, my heart's beating a little fast and my dick is so fucking hard. What should I do nurse Sky?" He smiles just as innocent back.

"For one you shouldn't say fucking. It sounds so sexy coming from your mouth. It's distracting as hell." She pants. "And then please sit down." She gestures towards the couch. He sits and looks up at her with an expression of assumed seriousness.

"Since you're out of breath you should take some of your clothes off. It's probably because you're feeling too hot." She stands in front of him and he spreads his legs so she can stand between them. Then he takes off his shirt and she looks at him with appreciation.

"Very good. Let me just go get my stethoscope, doctor." She smiles teasingly and leaves the room.

While she's gone, he takes off his pants so he's sitting in only his boxers and he looks around her apartment. He's only been here once before and back then they went straight into the bedroom and stayed there for hours before he had to leave for work. She has a nice apartment that's got a homey feel to it.

She comes back with a stethoscope in hand and he laughs. "You actually own a stethoscope. I'm impressed, babe."

"You keep calling me babe. What's up with that?" She looks amused.

"It's a sexy nickname. Like you are." He looks at her with an honest expression on his face and she smiles. "You're so sweet when you want to be."

He nods. "That I am. But I'm also not. Are you going to diagnose me nurse Sky?"

She stands in front of him again and gives his body a look of appreciation before plugging the ends in her ears and then sitting astride his lap and placing the stethoscope right over his heart.

One of his hands slip between her legs and she moans loudly when he gently massages her clit through the thin lace. "I think you're fine. I'm ordering you to get laid."

"Great. I'm going to start right away." He laughs and removes the stethoscope before he kisses her passionately. She rocks against him and moans against his mouth.

"You're so fucking sexy." He murmurs against her lips and slips a finger inside her. She clenches around him and moans again. "So are you, Mike."