AMITY

The huge ancestral home was embellished with lots of colourful LED lights, unique garlands, and other fascinating floral stuff as the groom's family was hot to trot for performing every ritual. Sameer, Munna, and Pandit earned several appreciative glances and endorsements as the trio was helping to get everything organized for the Haldi ceremony.  

"Yarr Pandit tu kyu kaam kar rha hai? Tere dono bhai yaha..hum sab kuch samabhal lenge.. tu jaa aur Preeti bhabhi ke sapne dekh.. ya fir yeh soch ki mai Naina ji ko kaise manau.." Sameer sounded dejected at last.

Both Munna and Pandit deemed at each other. They knew their friend was suffering, but still, he was endeavoring to be cheerful, for them. Munna and Pandit waited no more, and embraced him, to comfort him, and to be his support system. Sameer felt a little relieved at the thought that his friends won't let anything miserable happen. Everything would be fine, he would just need to put more than enough effort.

"Munna, Pandit mere paas ek idea aya! Bas jaisa mai bolu tum dono mera saath dena.. mai guarantee to nhi leta ki Naina ji maan jayenge.. par kuch hadd take unka gussa toh pighal hi jaayega.." Sameer suddenly beamed as his mind found a way to melt Naina's anger to some extent. Both of them agreed without wasting a fraction of a second.

Every ritual was to be performed together at the same place as both the families were permissive enough. So, to Naina's horror, she had to see her husband on a daily basis until the marriage got climaxed. 

On Preeti's insistence, Naina was staying with her in her room. "Naina tu kya pehen rhi hai aaj shaam ko?" Preeti was curious. "Soch rhi hu apna yellow suit daal lu.." Naina was still unsure about what to wear.

"Great! Tu yellow suit aisa kar..mat pehen.. ab sabko sunflower thodi banna hai.. tu na.. kuch red colour me daal.. " Preeti voiced excitedly. 

Naina eyed Preeti, not knowing what she exactly was up to. "Red colour me toh saree hi hai mere paas" She uttered.  

"Phir toh aur bhi acha hai.. bas.. it's decided ki tu wohi saree pehnegi.." She jumped off her bed in delightfulness and eagerness.

Naina was befuddled, she didn't why Preeti was acting like this, but she didn't have the right choice of words to be said to Preeti too. Without a word, she went near her packed clothes to fish out the red chiffon saree, which was simple enough, and thinner more than enough. She was holding it, still not sure as she hadn't worn anything this much transparent in front of Sameer. 

Preeti understood her turmoil and spoke, "Dekh Naina, Yeh itna bhi revealing nhi hai jitna tu soch rhi hai, bas thodi si transparent hai..but itna toh chalta hai.. yeh same vaisi hai jaisi Sridevi ne I Love You song me daali thi..bas colour different hai.. aur tujhe bhi pta hai vo bikul odd nhi lag rha tha.. aur abhi toh time bhi badal chuka hai.. this will look fab on you.. tu bas yehi pehen rhi hai aur mai kuch nhi sun rhi" She ordered in a single-minded voice.

Naina had to agree as Preeti was the bride, she couldn't deny any of her demands. She made a face at Preeti before leaving for the changing room.

Everything was well conducted and organized, and now the bride's family could come at any time. The groom's family was waiting for them standing at the well-accessorized and beautified entrance. The sounds of cars announced their arrival. Soon, the bride's family was merrily welcomed in the fairly large lawn. Naina's eyes reluctantly yet automatically searched for Sameer, who was nowhere to be seen.

The special seats of the couple were surrounded by different floral garlands, having a transparent dupatta like cloth in between, so the bride and groom would not be able to see each other properly. Both Pandit and Preeti got themselves settled on their royal chairs.

"Preeti.. looking really nice in yellow.. seriously hosh uda diye mere.." Pandit whispered to Preeti in a loving tone.

Preeti blushed and thanked him. "Acha suno.. Swati ko bol diya na kya karna hai?" She asked him.

"haan.. bas thodi der me Swati bhabhi Naina bhabhi ko upar leke chali jaayengi.. " He smiled and indicated that their plan was on the right track.

Naina was roaming around the lawn after performing the Haldi ritual while many relatives were still left. She didn't feel like eating anything. Her clueless eyes were continuously moving hither and thither, finding her husband. She denied it though, everytime.

Swati, grabbing the chance, rushed to her. "Naina.. kya tum meri help karogi? Vo meri saree ki plates dheeli pad gyi hain.. aur mujhe saree ache se baandhni nhi ati.. kya hum upar wale room chalein?" She spoke in a helpless tone. "h..haan.. jaldi chalo.. mai tumhari help karungi" Naina replied instantly, as if coming out of a trance. Both of headed inside towards the stairs, while Swati secretively showed a thumbs up to Munna who was standing upstairs, almost hidden from their view.

Naina and Swati were about to reach the room, when Swati abruptly stopped midway and said, "Umm..Naina..vo mera shayad earring gir gya.. mai abhi leke ati hu tum tab tak yeh saamne wale room me chali jao" She didn't give her a chance to speak and turned her back to her. Naina nodded and went to the room alone.

Before you can say knife, Swati locked the door leaving Naina inside the room. As Naina turned abruptly to register her surroundings, she was suddenly mesmerized by the sight in front of her.

Sizable silver and red foil balloons were placed on the front wall, that said, " I LOVE YOU". Other white and red balloons were spread out on the floor and bed in a bulk. Some LED light balloons improvised the vision, while several bunches of red balloons with white curled strings hung up on the wall gave a perfect dreamy look. Naina was spellbound enough to not utter even a single word. 

And then she saw a cake in the middle of the bed, similar to the one that Sameer made for her this morning. The cake had this icing saying, "I'M SORRY, I LOVE YOU". Then it struck to her that Sameer was behind all this. The eyes that held the feeling of awe till now suddenly got a layer of hate. 

And there walked Sameer, holding a red rose in his hands, coming close to her. 

"Naina ji! I'm really sorry! Mujhe sach me apne kiye par boht guilt hai.. mai sachme apke bina nhi reh sakta.. sachi Naina.. aur aaj mai apko kuch kehne jaa rha hu apse mai shaadi se pehle se kehna chahta tha..par kabhi keh nhi paaya.. maine kabhi apni feelings apke saath express nhi ki.. but trust me Naina ji.. you matter to me.. a lot.. I LOVE YOU NAINA JI.. I LOVE YOU" He finally expressed how he felt about her. He finally spoke out!

Naina stood doumfound. She was clueless, what was happening?!!!

Sameer gazed at her with eyes brimming with immense love. He examined her expressions, then her. And it struck to him that they were twining. She looked breathtakingly gorgeous in that red chiffon saree. Her long open thick hair, her rises, and her dips made him go crazy. 

He gathered more courage and kneeled down on one leg, offering her the rose that held that remaining trust, and a new feeling of togetherness.

Naina looked at the rose, and then at him. She held the rose and within a second, she threw it on the cake, barely ruining the icing. But her response was enough for Sameer. At least she reacted. 

She was about to go when Sameer called from behind, "Naina ji, aap humara rishta todte todte thak jaoge par mai use jodte jodte nhi thakunga".

Hiii!!!!!!!!! Hope you liked this unedited chapter.. whishing to get a better response..do share your reviews..am desperately waiting!

And an important piece of info for you all:-

The next two parts would be the last ones.. as it was bound to be a short story.. still it somehow got extended.

Stay safe and Healthy❣

Adjustments?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें