OFFICE 😶

Samaina slept cozily, cocooned in each other, the whole night. It was about 7:00 am, when Naina woke up and came out of his grip. She sat on the bed like that for a while and then remembered that it was their first day of office, so she had to make food too. She hurriedly got off from their king sized bed, and went to take the shower, keeping in mind that his sleep should not be distributed. She came out after about twenty minutes, wearing a heavy designer jet black Patiala suit with her chuda, nuptial chain, payal and vermillion.

Sameer was still sleeping, so she thought to wake him up after preparing their food. She then went downstairs in the kitchen. Four aloo parathas, 'raita' of cucumber and carrots, with some 'ate ka halwa' as sweetdish was prepared by her in one hour.

It was 8:30 by now, so she speedily went upstairs, woke him up, had their 'after sleep hug', and again went downstairs, waiting for him to come. He then came downstairs after half an hour. They were about to sit in the car, and it was when he realised that Naina was not in her formals, she was in a heavy suit instead. "Naina ji..aap..aap aise hi jaoge mere saath?" He asked hesitantly.

"Hanji..kyu achi nhi lag rhi kya?" She replied and then asked him suspiciously. "Nhi..nhi aisi koi baat nhi hai aap boht ache lag rhe ho.." he answered and got a sweet smile from her. He drove to his office and parked the car. "Nain..Naina ji..vo..vo..vo mai ye.. ye soch rha..soch rha tha ki..ki agar aap..aap formals mein kal se aye toh better hoga..nhi??" He asked. "Arey aapne mujhe pehle kyu nhi kaha..mai ghar par hi change kar leti..isse kehne me itna fumble karke baat karne ki koi zaroorat nhi hai ji..aap bhi yehi chaahte hai na ki mai achi dikhu..toh isme mujhe bilkul bura nhi laga..aur acha kiya apne bata diya mujhe..nhi toh faaltu mein apko meri wajah se embarrass hona padta..mai kal se formals me hi aungi..aur mai toh India me bhi formals me hi jaati thi par biji ne mujhe shaadi se pehle bola tha ki humesha suit pehen ke hi rehna hai..isliye maine aaj bhi suit daal liya" she replied, being honest. He nodded and they went inside, when he got a phone call from one of the employees, and gestured her to go inside.

She bobbed her head in the way of yes, and went inside the huge office. She felt very awkward when some of the Indian male employees were gazing her intensely. She swiftly ignored them and sat in one of the sofas at the reception area, waiting for him to come. He came after ten minutes and saw her sitting there. She stood up furiously and asked him, "Sameer ji mera cabin kaha hai? Mujhe dikha dijiye". He replied, "Naina ji abhi apka cabin bana nhi hai..tab tak apko office employees ke saath hi baith kar kaam karna padega..apko thode dino tak ADJUST karna padega".

"Koi nhi ji..mai unn sabke saath baith jaungi jab tak mera cabin nhi banta.. I'll ADJUST", she assured him.

She then went to sit with the other employees. She opened her laptop and started working on the assigned work by Sameer. In the lunch time, she was about to go to Sameer's cabin but thought that Sameer may not like it as they were in the office, so she dropped this idea and started opening the tiffin box there itself. She was eating her food, when one of those Indian male employees came to her and sat next to her without even taking her permission. She felt a little awkward but said nothing to him.

"Hi.. I'm Varun Mittal..aap dekhne se toh punjabi hi lag rhi hain..apka naam?" Although he just introduced himself, but it sounded awfully strange and the way his gaze was continously roaming around her, was making her extremely uncomfortable. Remembering that he'd asked her name, she answered, "hh..hello.. I'm Nainpreet Aro... sorry.. I'm Nainpreet Gi......." She was about to say Gill, but Someone from behind called Varun and he reluctantly got up and went behind. She took a breath of relief that finally he was gone now. She mentally noted not to talk about this with Sameer as he will get angry, she had to ADJUST until her cabin was made. For a while, she thought that 'cheap indians will keep on doing their cheap things whether they are in India or in some other country', but then she thought about Sameer that, 'only some people can be this disgusting..not everyone..there are still people like Sameer'. With this thought she again moved back to her work.

Other side in Sameer's cabin, being a workaholic, he was working even in the lunch time, totally forgetting about the delicious food made by his caring wife. His phone then started ringing and when he checked that PANDIT was written in the caller's name, he picked it up. "Bhai sab theek hai na..tu toh mujhe office hours me phone nhi karta na..kuch hua hai kya?" He asked as soon as he picked up the call.

"Haa bhai sab kuch theek hai bas tujhe ek good news deni thi..vo meri shaadi fix ho gyi hai.." he gave him the news.

"Kya!! Sachi!! Congratulations yarr..kisse?" He got extremely happy.

"Unka naam Preeti hai..vo bhi bhabi ki tarah Jalandhar se hi hai" he replied.

"Abey..kahi ye wahi Preeti toh nhi jo Naina ji ki best friend thi India me!! Preeti ka full name PREETI SHARMA hai kya?" He asked being over excited.

"Haan yarr..yahi hai unka full name..ye toh badi achi baat ho gyi na..bas ab India jaa rha hu kal..shaadi do mahino mein hai par Preeti ji ko courtship karni hai toh thoda pehle jana padega..tu kab ayega india shaadi attend karne?" He asked.

"Mai bhi aa jaunga do teen din pehle..ab tujhe toh pta hi hai na ki apni shaadi me bhi ek mahine ki holiday li thi..firse itni lambi holiday lena acha nhi rahega..tu samajh rha hai na?"

"Haa bhai..kaam zyada important hai..koi baat nhi..par aa jana do teen din pehle bhabi ko lekar.." he then bid him bye and hung up.

Sameer's inner self said, "Naina ji toh itni innocent hain ki unhone courtship bhi nhi ki..unko apni family par poora trust tha..boht achi hain Naina ji". He then again shifted to his work, metally noting not to forget about telling this good news to her.

It was evening by now and Sameer had got more work load, so he had to stay at office till late night. He asked Naina to go back home and she agreed. She took a taxi and went back home.

Hello all! Sorry for the late update..some guests were over for two days and the next day, one more close relative of mine passed away..so I wasn't in that state of writing..hope u guys understand. This year is so..so..I don't have words to explain..!

Again very sorry to those who got disappointed with me..

Unedited chapter..

Please stay safe and healthy❣️

Adjustments?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें