REALIZATION

Naina was shocked seeing them standing on the door, would be an understatement. She didn't expect them to come right now at all. But unknowingly, yet knowingly, a serene smile crept on her melancholic face. Yes, Sameer's, aka Naina's parents had arrived! They never treated her less than their own daughter, within a few days in India, before and after their wedding.

"Pairi pauna Mummy ji, pairi pauna papa ji!!" she bent down to take their blessings by touching their feet. They didn't let her touch their feet, they made her stand again and blessed her with their immense love, saying that a daughter shouldn't be touching her parents' feet.

"Tusi ta bada wadda surprise de dita mainu!! Te saanu inform kyu nhi kita tusi?? Asi lain aa jaande na? Te tusi aye kive, taxi ch??" (Apne toh both bada surprise de diya mujhe!! Aur hume inform kyu nhi kiya apne? Hum lene aa jaate na? Aur aap aye kaise, taxi se?) said Naina, perplexed and extremely happy at the same time.

"Asi taxi pehla hi book karva layi si.. hun asi andar aa jayiye?" (Humne taxi pehle hi book karva li thi.. ab hum andar aa jaaye?) Vivekdeep answered chuckling before making her embarrassed, and Simran passed her a wide smile.

"Hanji hanji.. mai vi na pehla hi sab kuj pucchan lag gyi..tusi andar aao" (Hanji hanji..mai bhi an pehle hi sab kuch poochne lag gyi..aap andar aao) she spoke while facepalming herself.

They settled themselves in the hall sofa after freshening up. "Naina, Sameer kithe hai? mainu lageya apne room ch hovega, asi ta ohnu vi surprise dena si.. kithe hai oh? (Naina, Sameer kaha hai? mujhe laga apne room room me hoga, humne toh usko bhi surprise dena tha.. kaha hai vo?) simran asked Naina getting concerened.

But before Naina could say anything, a shrill sound of doorbell rang in their ears and Naina hurriedly went to open the door, escaping from the situation. 

And there stood Sameer, with Zoe who completely leaning on his shoulder due to her drunken state. Tears again made their way in Naina's eyes, but she wiped them before anyone could ask her. Simran and Vivekdeep went near the door to surprise him, but who knew that a shocking surprise was waiting for them too. For the first time, Sameer had guilt-filled eyes, seeing everyone's condition. 

Simran knew about Zoe from day one but kept quiet as Zoe did nothing to him. Vivek too sensed the same, and didn't delay further to lash out, saying, " Sameer! isko kehde chaliye jaaye yaha se, aur tujhe toh mai baadme dekhta hun." With this, both of them left taking Naina with them as well.

Sameer was familiar with this type of tone of his father and this dejected look of his mother, so he didn't wait further to drop Zoe at one of his friend's house. Not fully, but half of the mess was wrapped up when Zoe was finally out of their lives after another one hour.

The dinner went silently. No one uttered even a single word. No one had a perfect choice of words to start any conversation. But Sameer was being called up to his parents' room after the dinner, alone.

He settled himself on the couch, when his mother spoke sarcastically, "Baith toh aisa rha hai jaise koi boht badi izzat kamake aya ho" she had the same dejected look.

"Mummy, papa, aap ek baar meri baat sunlo, please" he looked at them with pleading eyes.

"Kuch sunne ko bacha hi kya hai sameer, mujhe tujhse ye umeed bilkul nahi thi, tu aisa kar bhi kaise sakta hai?" his father lashed out again.

"Tune ye socha ki hum Naina ko kya muh dikhayenge!? vo bichari kitni umeedon se ayi thi humare ghar me kadam rakhke, aur usne kya tujhse shaadi yeh din dekhne ke liye ki thi? Tu khud soch kaisa laga hoga use yeh sab dekh ke?" she spoke, while tears rolling from her own eyes too. She continued, "Bas, ab mai yeh nhi dekh sakti, aaj se tu mera beta nhi hai, and don't you dare call us your parents again!"

Adjustments?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें