MAAN JAO NA...

Naina cold-shouldered Sameer throughout the function. She even gainsaid politely taking any group photo where Sameer was in attendance. Now Sameer latched onto how Naina must have felt when he ignored her in the last party they attended in Canada. He felt shamefaced because he ventured to hurt his dear wife who USED TO esteem him to a great extent. He had to obtain that respect again. He had to save their love.

Naina was sitting on a fancy yet comfy chair placed in the balcony of Preeti's room. She was gazing at the full moon which she could point out effortlessly in the tranquil blanket of shiny stars. She pondered if her life, or to be precise, her married life could too get peaceful without any efforts. She sighed, this wasn't possible. She reminisced how she used to dream about her perfect life with Sameer. He was indeed a perfect life partner before their wedding and in the initial days of their marriage. But why did he change this much? Why he didn't express his feelings to her before? Why she had to ADJUST every time according to him? Why he broke her heart? And on top of that, when she had started to recover after coming back to India, then why he stepped again into her life? Wasn't she worthy enough to get a stable life with her life partner? Soon she swam in the oceans of deep sleep due to tiredness and hassle.

The forenoon created a buzz around Sharma's house, as the Mehendi ceremony was gonna held at Preeti's place. The sizable house was looking no less than a marvelous palace having a variety of decorations with decent yet elegant stuff. The Mehendi ceremony started with a warm welcome of the groom's family from the bride's family, including Sameer who got completely ignored by Naina. Although Sameer felt miserable seeing his lady love away from him, he totally understood her turmoil and got satisfied as he was at least getting some glimpses of hers. 

He still did several attempts to gain her attention, like showering rose petals on her with the help of a huge fan, presenting a 'SORRY' card in front of her, and that too made by him after working on it the whole night, gifting her a bunch of red roses which she rejected on the spot, showing immense gratitude and care towards her family, providing her a glass of water when she woefully needed it after her fill of a super spicy plate of gol gappe, but she rudely walked away and got her own glass of water by herself. Last but not least, writing 'SAMAINA' on his palms with a henna cone, indicating that neither was of Sameer nor was of Naina, all was of Samaina. They shared equal respect and dignity in this relation of pure love. 

Everything he did for her, did overwhelm her. It did affect her. But she wasn't ready to accept the truth, and this irritation was one of the biggest reasons for behaving so imprudently with him. She leisurely went to sit with Preeti, who was getting fed by Pandit as her hands, arms, feet, and legs were covered with beautiful henna designs. For a moment, Naina just adored the loving couple in front of her with affectionate eyes. 

"Oye Naina.. hume ghoorna band kar aur ab finally tu aa gyi hai toh Mehendi lagwale.. kitni der se teri wait kar rhi mai..saare close relatives lagwa chuke hai.." Preeti said to her and then faced to the direction of the henna artist, "Suno didi.. Naina aa gyi hai.. aap iske Mehendi laga do abhi". 

Naina didn't get any chance to say no to Preeti as she had already called up the Mehendi artist to do her hands. Soon the mehendi wali didi appeared in front of her having the required material in her kit. Naina got herself seated in a comfortable position first, and said, "Didi.. aap zyada heavy mat lagana..mujhe simple hi chahiye..meri wrists se bas thoda sa neech..ya fir arabic bhi chalega..". The henna artist nodded in a way of yes. 

"Oye.. arabic nhi lagwa rhi tu.. zyada heavy nhi par full hands toh tujhe karne hi padenge..meri shaadi hai koi mazak nhi hai.. Raghav kuch samjhao na isko..kitne nakhre karti hai" Preeti scrunched her nose.

"Mai tum dono ke beech me kuch nhi bol rha.. " Pandit shrugged. On the spur of the moment, he thought something and added, "Vaise bhabhi, Sameer kaha hai? Kahi dikh nhi rha..apke saath tha kya?".

"Mere naal hi ta nhi si oh"(Mere saath hi toh nhi the vo), Naina vocalized, again getting herself drowned in the woven fabrics of uncountable memories. Preeti and Pandit absoluted to stay quite and give her some space.

"Naina.. apke husband ka naam kis letter se shuru hota hai?" The henna artist stopped in between to know the first letter of Sameer's name.

"S", Naina spoke out unconsciously. After some time, the sound of craking made her come out of her trance with a jerk. A small boy had mistakenly broken a glass, and his mother was schloding him now. 

"Naina lag gyi mehendi.. abhi isko dhona mat.. nhi toh colour boht kam ayega..fir apke husband ko acha nhi lagega jab unhe unke naam ka akshar dikhega hi nhi" The mehendi wali didi chuckled. 

"Kaisa akshar? Maina kab koi letter likhwaya?" She was horrified. 

"Didi yeh pagal hai.. iski baaton par dhyaan mat do aap jaake baakiyon ko bhi lagado jo wait kar rhe hain.. " Preeti somehow managed the situation.

It was then that Naina looked at her hands, and realized that their initials "S🤍N" were written in the middle of her palm, clear enough for anybody to spot. 

She rushed hotfoot to the nearest washroom and started removing the almost wet henna harshly, totally not caring about her own skin. Fresh tears rolled down from her hurtful eyes, and some curses for herself automatically escaped out of her mouth. But her every attempt failed as the S on her palm did not even smudge a bit. It left a temporary yet permanent mark. 

"Apse mera naam toh mit nhi rha..mujhe kaise mitaoge apni life se?" Sameer who had witnessed the whole scenario, finally kept his point of view in front of Naina, making her shocked.

"Kabhi na kabhi toh mita hi loongi, apke naam ko bhi, aur a--" her sentence was cut as Sameer hurriedly put his index finger on her lips, indicating her to stop. "Aisa sochna bhi mat.. apka pyaar mai firse paaye bine yaha jane wala nhi hu.. agar Canada jaunga toh aap mere saath hi aoge..chaahe mujhe jitni marzi wait karni pade" He said it more to himself than her, as if reminding himself his purpose again, to stay determined at any cost.

Naina just departed from there, not wanting to argue with him. But his voice again stopped her, "Naina ji.. maan jao na.." his voice was a mere whisper, but softer than anything. She melted a bit, but walked out.

He followed her, she stopped. "Please Naina ji.. maan jao na..mai aapke bina mar jaunga". 

This was it, she shouted, "Aap kyu mujhe baar baar tang kar rhe ho? Ek baar keh diya samajh nhi ata kya? Mujhe nhi rehna apke saath, mujhe nhi baat karni apse, mai nhi maaf kar sakti apko!!!! Please mujhe akela chod do Sameer ji.. Please"

He was aghast. Naina never raised her voice in front of anyone, but now, she burst out on him. His heart shattered into millions of pieces, her words tearing his soul. The ground started shaking underneath his feet, his head received invisible hammers, his vision started to get blurred. 

And... THUDDD!!!

Toh kaisa laga? With additional 300 words? 😂

This one was unedited too..kindly ignore my errors🙏

Chalo mujhe gaaliyaan mat do aur last chapter ki wait karna shuru kardo..*sheepish grins*

And yeah, from a good response I mean a good number of comments, agar inline comments karoge toh aur acha lagega mujhe.. waise it's all up to u.. 

Last chapter ke liye demands ho to kindly text me personally!!!!

Stay safe and healthy❣

Adjustments?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें