Pawns

Art by Churrokat!

Word count: 3003

-Ace

-

-Y/N's PoV-

It was midday when something other than oakwood and birchwood trees surrounded me. I was kind of tired of the boring oak and the hypnotic birch. We came into a clearing, stumps scattered the green grass indicating that the clearing was made.

 A wooden house was resting on two stilts on the front, the back was met with a rocky hill. The house was like a box with the walls mostly glass windows. Oak planks made up the rest of the walls and oak logs for the corners and stilts. A ladder was nailed to one of the stilts that I guessed led to the interior. 

A crafting table, furnace, and blast furnace were placed next to three large chests under the house to shield it from the weather. A mine was carved into the hill next to the crafting area. On the left side of the house was a small wheat field with greenish plants sticking out of the soil. 

On the other side of the house was a pen that housed two cows, they grazed peacefully. A campfire let puffs of smoke into the atmosphere as I approached. This place was quite beautiful. 

"You guys built this?" I asked in awe. 

"Yup! Welcome to our temporary home Y/N!" George welcomed me, "The villagers taught us how to farm and how physics doesn't work like how they should normally so we built a house in the air." I nodded still taking in it all.   

Bad led us up the ladder. The inside was bigger than I initially thought. The house was carved further into the hill to make the living quarters larger. At the end of the large room were four doors. Two on the back wall and two on the sidewall on the left. Around the edges of the room lay crafting tables, furnaces, chests, bookshelves, and a cauldron filled with crystal-clear water. 

I looked out one of the large windows. We were high enough to see over the trees where the leafy green horizon met with blue skies. In the distance, large grey clouds hung ominously in the sky. It would probably rain later today. Dream and Sapnap had not followed us inside. Sapnap was tending to the cows by giving them wheat. Dream couldn't be seen from the window. George led me to the end of the room where the doors were. 

"You should see our rooms!" He spoke very enthusiastically. George grabbed my wrist lightly and he pulled me to the first door on the left. 

"This is mine." He said opening the door.

Behind the door was a small room. It didn't have windows and the wall was made of stone indicating it was carved into the stone. Dark blue sheets lay across the unmade bed that was pushed up against the furthest wall pointing towards the door.

A bookshelf acted as a nightstand next to the bed. On top was a blue flower in a clay pot and next to that was one large chest. Finally, across the chest was an armor stand. On it was colorful leather armor. One a light magenta helmet and the other a bright yellow chest plate. The room might have been small but it was comfortable. 

"What's with the colored armor?" I asked him.

"I don't know, I figured out that you could dye leather armor but not any other armor. I just like to see if I can guess the colors correctly," he told me.

 I tilted my head, "What do you mean?"

"Well, I'm color blind." He said like it didn't bother him. He must have been asked that question a lot.