Prologue

Halsey-- Sorry

The judge annouced recess for one hour

The officer took Sam in handcuffs to one of the waiting room where her lawyer was briefing her on things that she could care less about, it been hectic going back and forth with the unending questions

Its not like she's denying anything, she needs a lesser sentence not bail and that's why she refused the lawyer Harvey assigned to her

Speak of the devil, Harvey strolled in looking so unkempt like he has been through a lot of stress lately. His eyes were almost falling out, his beard, his hair. Damn!

She's the one behind bars,
He's the one taking the heat

She has tried several times to make him drop the whole attempt to get her off the case but he wouldn't bulge. He is just too stubborn

"Hey can I have a word with her alone please " he asked the lawyer to excuse them but it not like they are alone. The officers are always hanging around

"Sam how are you feeling " she nodded the usual

"Why would you refuse to see me when I drop by to check in on you " Sam shrugged and look away

"I hired a good lawyer for you And you turned him down. he is one of the best lawyers in the country, he would have done well to put this madness behind us"

He still doesn't understand that she don't need to put this behind her, this is a necessary phase for her to pass through. And his involvement is hindering her plan

"Why wouldn't you let me testify " he asked softly

"And what would you be testifying to, dozens of people watched me bang your girlfriend's head on the pole twice. Nothing you say or do can change that, so it pointless "

"Am I just suppose to sit down and do nothing while the judge sents You to jail"

He looked really stressed . he needs to calm down

"If that lawyer had been with you each step of the way, there's possibility that you will be out on bail"

"Oh please, we both know Celia's family will never sweep this under the carpet. "

"If I see a tread of hope somehow, no matter how small it is, I would hold on to it, do you have any idea what prison life feels like"

"I try not to think about it" Sam answered snortly

"Whatever picture of a prison you have in your head, You'd better erase it. Because it is not the same as Juve, there are dangerous people there, I mean bloody hardened criminals "

Sam wondered where she will fit in, afterall she is a criminal herself, an hardened one to be precise.

"I know what am getting into and I don't need you scolding me like a child "

She stood up and face him

"Trust me these is the least of my crimes so going down for something as trivia as this is a bonus and whatever comes out of it will be well deserved, so stop wasting your time with me and move on with your life. I don't want you hanging around or visiting me in jail. You need to let the sleeping dog lie, no more unnecessary tantrums, coz am Fuckingtired already "

"I can't just let you go to jail like that "
He retorted

"Well, You have to "

"Am not giving up on you Sam, not now not ever"

"You'll have to eventually "

"We were making plans to leave the country together Sam, you need to understand that this is alot for me to take in"

"Stop sounding like a child Harvey, it time for us to part ways now, You have been through enough trouble because of me"

"Says the girl who took a bullet because of me "

"Is that what this is about, You feel guilty about that. You need to let go, You did some shit for me too, now you can go on with your life like a normal person "

"I can't do that without you. You're a big part of my life Sam, we are going to get through these together "

"Dont be stupid Harvey, we are not together stop making up ideas in your head, You have to come to terms with facts that I am ticking bomb waiting to explode, nothing is ideal about me"

"Still doesn't mean I can't help"
He is just so stubborn and persistent,

"There is one thing, You can do. Find Marie and Simon, keep them far and safe from here. I'll be back in no time "

"You make it sound so simple "

"It really so. If you don't try to complicate things and follow my instructions. I am not your problem to solve Harvey. You have no idea what am capable of"

"Am willing to put up with it Sam"

"You have a blockhead harvey and am tired of repeating the same thing over and over again, I mean it...... I don't need you visiting me while I am in jail, stay away Harvey"

He sighed heavily and pace around

"You still haven't told me why"

"Why what... "

"Why You did what "

"Did what"

"Why you Bang Celia's head against the pole"

"Oh!  Use your imaginations harvey "
She moved closer to him and whispered in his ears

"I have a target, Harvey, a list to take down and next on my list is your father. I'd worry about that if I were  you, "
The officer broke them apart giving a distance of two feets between them
"Bye for now Harvey Pierce "

She smiled as the officer took her back to the courtroom where she was sentenced 18months in prison for assault and battery