chapter 39

"it's a big price to pay..." she said in their shock...

"for you...Captain. It will be a big price for you to pay if you ever decided to accept that bond..." she said bowing down. Levi furrowed his brows and then looked at her...

"w-what...price?" Hanji asked her and she smiled at her.

"Actually, he doesn't have to do it you know...he hates me. knowing him, I doubt he'll take a big risk to save his hated enemy." She said and then chuckled in their surprise...Levi gritted his teeth and then clenched his fist...

"t-then...how are we going to save you?" Jean asked.

"Jean, I told you...there's no need. My existence is something you should not concern yourself with. No need to worry about whether I die or not...it's fine." She said. they widened their eyes and Historia looked at her.

"Alina...y-you'll die...w-we have to do something."

She looked at their worried faces and can't help but smile...
of course

"dying...ah...dying. Don't worry, I longed to commit suicide before. It's just so unfortunate that Annie didn't kill me, nor those titans...even now, Rod...I wonder why...was I that lucky to live, or unlucky not to die?" she said chuckling to make her voice sound good and well despite the pain.

"A-aren't you in pain? It must be really painful right now, Alina." Historia said holding her hand. Alina sighed and then just gulped.

"I-it...will fade away soon...well after I die..." She said and then chuckled weakly but Historia felt her weakly clench her fist in pain so Historia held her hands nervously.

"Alina. Why are you so worked in dying?" Eren asked her...

"hmmm...Eren...many things happened before. And I...I realized that...I really don't have something to live for...I lost it...already." She said and then smiled...they all stared at her and looked at how dry her smile is. They can already see the pain she's trying hard to hide.

with that, Levi went towards her and then pulled her collar facing her with a glare as he lifted her collar and forced her to look at him. the others looked at them with wide eyes.

Alina bowed her head refusing to look at him.

"Oi, I don't fucking care if you lost whatever shitty reason it is you're living for. I'm ordering you right now...to continue to live in this shitty world." He said in their surprise...

Alina too stiffened and then gulped...

"Captain...do you know what you're talking about?"

"do you think I'm fucking kidding?"

"If I'll answer you honestly...Captain, I do think you're kidding right now. It seems like you didn't listen to what I said earlier..." she said.

he clenched her collar and then pulled her even closer.

"Stop talking shit with me, Alina, and tell me what the fuck is needed to create that shitty bond." He said.

Alina froze and then looked at him...she tried her best to look at him in his eyes. She stared at him and then spoke...

"then...are you willing to pay for the price, Levi?" she asked him seriously...the others looked at them nervously.

"is...it that dangerous?" Hanji asked her so Alina looked at her and then smiled. They want to save Alina...but they also can't risk the captain.

"that's why I told you, there's no way in hell he'll agree to that. And it's better this way, anyway..." Alina said and sighed.

Levi glared at her and then pushed her down the bed still clenching her collar looking at her and his one hand on her side supporting his weight so he won't end up pressing her down with his body.