Chapter 1

Sophie Foster was miffed. She had just burned down a NEVERSEEN STOREHOUSE and Tiergan was mad?!?! After all they had done to everyone. Kenric. Jolie. Mr. Forkle. Keefe.  This had been a war from the beginning and now they were saying she just started one?!

"Sophie." A crisp, accented voice snapped her out of her internal rantings. She had forgetten she had invited her friends to Havenfield.

"Sorry," she said. "Just...thinking." She shut down that line of thought and pushed open the door to her enormous bedroom. A mermaid colored, tiger striped imp was waiting for her. Just what I need, Sophie thought, happily.

"Ooh nice job dying Iggy, Sophie, how'd you get that combo and stripes?" Dex asked.

"Wait, you didn't dye him?" Sophie asked.

"No, did you Fitz?" Dex asked.

"What? No! I would never risk an Iggy burp!" Fitz exclaimed. Sophie couldn't blaim him though apparently the rest of them hadn't dyed him either.

"If none of us dyed him, then who did? Someone obviously came here. The Neverseen?" Sophie wondered.

"I seriously doubt that the Neverseen would sneak in here just to dye your imp, Miss Foster." Sandor, her seven foot tall goblin bodyguard said.

"Hmmmm, who's a prankster and isn't here?" Biana said sarcastically.

"Sophie...look under his cage." Dex said quietly.

She looked and saw a note. She grabbed it and let out a sob as she read it. No, she thought. Please, no. Not again.