Chapter 9: Team Awesome: Tam

Tam stared straight ahead. Please let us find Keefe, please let us find Keefe. The knot in his stomach started tighten. It was a known fact he had never liked "Lord Hunkyhair" that much but it wasn't like they were ENEMIES enemies. They were more like... frenemies? Who knew, but the thing that made his stomach knot tighten was that he felt like it was his fault and if anything happened... no, he wouldn't think about it.

Dex tapped him on the shoulder. "Ummmm, are you okay?"

"Fine, fine," Tam mumbled, the knot in his stomach starting unraveling. "Just... worried about all this you know? Like Linh's in a separate group than me and most of the time we've been together in these kinds of situations and what happened with Keefe-"

"Don't," Maruca ordered as Tam's stomach knot began tightening again big time. "Don't let the guilt start to start to take you. I mean Sophie could heal you but I don't think Linh would like it to happen in the first place. Just think of  her and how much she needs you." And with that Tam's stomach knot unraveled to the point where it was just a piece of twisted... not string. The bus they were in went over a bump and Dex nearly fell off his chair. 

"Anyone else feel like that was way funnier than it should be?" Ro asked. Dex glared at her.  "Look at you! You're tall on this bus, Dex!" This roused a lot of commotion and a lot yelling on Dex's part and a lot of staring because of their bodyguard's obscurer. Ro just rolled her eyes. 

"You elves are all short looking to me. You realize that right?" All three elves slumped in their seats, though it was clearly not getting better from them doing that. Ro snickered. Every elf was glad when their stop came.

As Tam got off the bus, careful to avoid getting hit by a car, he marveled at the tall clock tower that the human's called Big Ben. It wasn't anything like the buildings in, say, Eternalia or Lumenaria, but it was still pretty awe-inspiring. He realized that his group was leaving him behind, so he hurried to catch up with them, dodging humans along the way.

"Um, so, I noticed something on the Imparter call," Dex told them. "Everyone was dressed in human clothes, so I was wondering if you think we should do that too." Everyone nodded their agreement and headed to the nearest shop with human clothes.

"It's probably best to avoid talking to people," Tam whispered. "It's not like any of us know... whatever this human country speaks, much less how to speak it."

So, they quickly grabbed what clothes they liked and left. Tam had a black hoodie and black jeans, Dex had a gray hoodie and gray jeans and Maruca had a navy hoodie and dark jeans.

Tam stared at them and said, "I think we are the darkest group there is." 

"That's... very true." Dex said.

In their new really dark clothing, Team Awesome headed towards Big Ben.

-Soooo, sorry that I didn't publish a chapter yesterday, I was kind of busy with a bunch of work. BUT. I NOW HAVE OVER 100 READS!!! Thank you so much for the people who read this story and voted on it and I hope you enjoy this chapter!!!