Chapter 8: The Wondrous Murcats: Wylie

Wylie strengthened his ball of light's glow. He, Marella, and Linh had all somehow not thought to bring a balefire crystal and Marella didn't want to accidentally lose control of her flames, so he was the sole light provider for their group. 

"The entrance should be there soon," Linh said. "Just a little farther." And with that, Marella walked straight through a wall.

"Oh hey, I think I found it!" she said.

"Wow, I think actually where it is." Wylie said, eyes widening. "Huh."

"Good job... I think?" Linh said through the wall.

"Thanks," Marella called back.

"After you." Wylie said, gesturing towards the space in the wall where Marella had walked through. Linh nodded and walked through with Wylie not far behind.

"Wow," Linh whispered. "It's the same as I remember it. See those shadows that form the Lodestar symbol? Tam made them more potent so we could see the symbol." Wylie and Marella each placed a hand on her shoulder.

"If you're thinking he might break from the guilt, I promise you he won't." Wylie said softly. 

"You've got a strong brother there." Marella added. Linh collected the few tears that had escaped and stared at the bigger-than-your-regular-drop-of-water that she had made.

"I know." She whispered so quietly Wylie could barely hear her. In a much louder tone she said, "We aren't here to just stand around. Let's go look for Keefe!"

"Should we split up?" Marella asked.

"There doesn't seem to be a reason not to. It's a decently small space so I don't think the Neverseen would try anything here." Linh replied. And so they each walked in different directions. While Wylie walked he had a very concerning thought. What if  Tam's mind actually starting to break from guilt?

-Soooo cliffhanger! Here's a tidbit-the next chapter will be from Tam's point of view so you'll get the answer to that last question. SUSPENSE. Bye, sorry for the short chapter! Daisy---->out