Chapter 10: The Magnificent Glitter Butts: Biana

Well, look at that! We're back to Group 1/The Magnificent Glitter Butts! I might end the story after a couple more cycles, though if you want I can prolong it. Comment on this little paragraph  if you want me to! P.S. I'm probably not going to publish chapters on weekends.

Biana sighed. She had stared at Fitz and Sophie staring into each other's eyes long enough! Fitzphie indeed. That was part of the reason she had bolted away. Also, of course, she did not want to be stuck with a grumpy goblin bodyguard. She got enough of that from Woltzer anyway. Biana had always wondered why. Anyway, all the boys she had liked obviously liked someone else. Hmmmm, all the other boys that she was kinda close to were Dex, Wylie, and Tam. Wylie seemed to have something for Linh and Tam didn't seem a whole lot like her. Which just left Dex which wasn't a bad guy to be left with...

Focus Biana! she told herself You need to find Keefe, thus un-zombifying Sophie! She opened a door to a bedroom and walked in. Comfy carpet floor, but nothing much. As she turned to leave she realized there was a bathroom. She walked in. Still nothing. Looking into cabinets, in the shower and she still found nothing. Biana sat on the floor of the bedroom. Sighing, she pulled out her Imparter and said wistfully, "Show Keefe Sencen."

The Imparter's tiny screen lit up. Her heart stopped. Then she realized that it was just staring at a ceiling. Biana was about to click it off when an achingly familiar pair of ice blue eyes stared back at her.

"KEEFE!!!" she roared as she dashed towards the door. "WHERE ON EARTH ARE YOU?!?!?"

"Biana stop!" he yelled frantically. "Don't get Sophie!"

She froze. "Why not?"

"Biana, listen to me," Keefe said to her desperately. "You have to stop looking for me. My mom will find you before you do and even if you do find me my mom could have a way of tracking you, actually she most certainly has a way of tracking you, and you would lead her right me. Trust me, you really don't want to do that. Also, if you show me to Foster, she'll just work harder to find me."

"It's your new ability, isn't it?" Biana asked softly.

"What?" Keefe asked, alarmed.

"Your ability. That's why your mom is going to come after you, isn't it." It was less of a question and more of a statement, but Keefe nodded anyway.

"Please Biana. You're like a sister to me. Please don't tell Sophie." Keefe pleaded. Biana slowly nodded, not believing she was making that promise. Keefe breathed a sigh of relief.

"Okay," she said slowly. "You have to do one thing for me though." Keefe snapped his head up.

"What?" Keefe asked.

"Just answer a question for me. And don't worry, it's not where you are," Biana said when Keefe tensed up. Biana took a deep breath. "Is there a way to find you?" Keefe hesitated for a second, but that was all Biana needed. "THERE IS!!" she roared.

"Shhhh!" Keefe said, whipping his head around. "Someone could've heard you on my end or yours!"

"Sorry," Biana said, lowering her voice. "It's just... I'm so happy! Everyone's been so worried about you and there could be a way to find you! Wait. There is a way to find you right?" Keefe nodded. Biana sighed happily.

"But don't forget! You promised you wouldn't tell anyone about this!" Keefe reminded her. "And please don't tell anyone there's a way to find me. If you guys figure out where it is and how it leads you to me... I can't stop you, but don't tell anyone please." Biana nodded.

"I doubt you'll be able to find it anyway," he muttered. "I hid it really well." The second he finished that sentence, a voice called down the stairs. 

"BIANA! WE FOUND SOMETHING!!!!!" Sophie yelled. Biana whipped her head around to give Keefe an enormous smile. Keefe mutttered something under his breath that she was sure would get him detention until either midterms or finals if he had been at Foxfire.

"Bye Biana." he said, clicking away. She didn't even try to hail him again and ran up the stairs with a smile on her face as big has the moon.

-Happy Lunar New Year! 🌙🧧🧨🪔🎑