Chapter 11

Levi POV:

After dropping Eren off to his class I went to mine, but I couldn't concentrate at all, I felt super on edge.

After what happened to Eren that day, after I found him bleeding on the floor and after today's umpteenth bullying attempt, it was difficult for me to let him go alone without worrying like crazy.

I tried to let the dreadful feeling go and concentrate on my classes.

I'm sure he'll be fine and I'll see his beautiful smile at lunch...

Hours went by and, finally, I heard the lunch bell ring obnoxiously. I packed my stuff swiftly and sped walked towards the cafeteria,

That dreadful feeling coming back in full force...

I entered the room and walked towards the usual table, but, to my shock, I only found my sister and Armin.

They turned to me with worried faces, oh no "Oh Levi, finally...have you seen Eren...? He wasn't in class..." I looked at Armin with wide eyes and my chest tightened painfully "...merde, I was about to ask you the same question...fuck, I gotta go...!" I literally bolted out of the cafeteria and basically looked everywhere — classes, bathrooms, laboratories,

Nothing...

I was about to look in the library where he usually goes during PE, hoping to find him asleep in an armchair, when I heard an ambulance approach the street and seemingly stop by the school.

No, no it can't be...

I ran out the school gates and found the ambulance right in front of it and I stopped in my tracks, blood frozen in my veins.

I gulped down the lump in my throat as memories came flooding back and an uncomfortable shiver ran down my spine.

Please...

Tell me nothing happened to him...

Please...be okay...

I decided to impatiently wait by the ambulance, praying to the gods that it was just a random student that injured themselves and not my Eren.

I paced back and forth in a sheer panic until a very pungent and spicy smell reached my nose, making my knees buckle and a hand fly to my mouth in an attempt to fight off a heave.

I didn't want to turn around as I heard the wheels of the stretcher get closer, but a distressed cry, one I knew very well, made me turn around and freeze.

There he lied, weakly crying and sobbing, holding onto one of his past bullies for dear life and all I saw from then on was red.

I clenched my jaw, with a growl bubbling in my throat and I almost literally slammed myself against Reiner, grabbing him by the collar of his shirt "What happened?? What did you do to him?! You have one second to explain before I rip your head off...!"

I saw pure panic in his eyes as he tried to come up with a shitty excuse as to why he wasn't at fault "I-I swear Levi, p-please...! I didn't d-do anything...!" I growled again, deeper this time "Then, what the fuck happened?!" "H-he was running a-away from p-Petra and h-her friends...! H-he tripped and was about t-to fall off the s-stairs but I-I caught him...! P-please it's the t-truth...!!"