chapter 14

Jean pov
"...we'll make her pay..." He looked at me surprised "h-how...?" I glared at the grass "...I know exactly how..."

I was still shaken by what I had witnessed and I couldn't shake off the dread of reliving all those memories I swore to never bring up again, but I vowed to make that bitch pay.

I stood up and looked at Reiner "C'mon...can you get up...? Do you need some water...?" He shook his head and got up slowly, on shaky legs.

"S-so...what do you plan on doing...?" "First thing I'll do is ask my mum how Eren is..." "I meant with Petra..." I blushed lightly and cleared my throat "U-uhh right...that...mmh there's the final match with the Titans before the senior graduation and prom, right...?" "Mmh Yes...?" "Yes...and I intend on exposing Petra and myself during the match..."

I saw Reiner widen his eyes "Y-yourself...? Why...?" I sighed "To shift the attention from Eren and Levi to me...they won't pick on me 'cause I'm an alpha and the quarterback and captain of the team..." "Jean, you're risking a lot, have you thought this through...? They could expel you from the team..." He looked at me concerned, making me shake my head "They wouldn't dare, I'm too important...besides what changes to them if I have a daughter or not...? It's not like I'll give up on the team just because of Mina..."

"I just think you should take your time and think well about it...I'm okay with exposing Petra, it's about time someone put her into place...but please rethink on the you part..." I rolled my eyes and sighed "Fine, but I think it'll be my final decision, I can't keep hiding..." "Alright...but I warned you, you know what coach thinks..." I rolled my eyes "Yeah yeah...cut me some slack, jeez..."

"...tell me when you know how Eren is...I can't believe we used to do the same..." I patted his shoulder "We all do something we regret...the best we can do is wait and make it up to him...he's not heartless so he'll warm up to us soon...hopefully..." I whispered the last part more to myself than to him.

"Anyway...I'll be sure to text all of you to update you...I think I'll go visit him tomorrow morning too...I've been meaning to let him meet Mina as well..." He hummed in acknowledgement "Good luck trying to breach wall Levi...I bet he'll be very protective of him...I was fucking scared shitless when he grabbed me like that, his aura was almost bloodthirsty..." He shivered at the thought.

"You're just a coward..." I teased him and jabbed his side "N-no...you don't understand..." I shook my head and chuckled bitterly "Actually I do...I got a few bruises that testify it...I actually got a few punches on him though, that was surprising..." "W-wait...you actually fought him...? I thought it was just a rumour...How are you still alive...?"

I snorted humourlessly "Eren got in the middle of us and slapped the shit out of him...that was kinda hot..." I clamped my mouth shut quickly after what slipped through it "S-shit...! No...! It's not what I meant...! I-I meant...ugh, I meant...fuuck! B-badass...! Y-yeah, badass...not hot at all...b-badass..."

My face burned, feeling confused as hell.

What is going on with me...??

Am I having a stroke...??

Am I going crazy...??

"U-uhm you good bro...?" No! I don't know anymore! "Y-yeah, don't mind me...I-I'm just...tired..." "Yeah, alright and I'm the Queen of England, what's happening...?" I looked at him speechless "U-uhh..." "What was that about...?" "I...I don't know..." He raised a curious eyebrow "Did you magically fall in love with Eren in the span of just few days...?" "Huh?! N-not at all, what the f-fuck are you on about...??"

His raised eyebrow became accusatory as he crossed his arms in front of his chest "Remember...I'm the queen of England..." "Ughh...! I-it's not that...he's just...too similar to Marco and...since I miss him so much, my alpha probably just projected Marco onto Eren...that's all I can come up with to explain this kind of nostalgic feeling..." "Mmh...maybe I'm not the queen of England after all..." I snorted "Moron...c'mon let's get back to class, I might be the quarterback but I'm not immune to suspension, we've already established that after all..." he sighed "Yeah..."