Chapter 9

I looked at her with wide eyes, fear evident in them, as my heart pounded in my ears. 

"W-what did you just say...? H-how do you know me...? O-or him...?"

My senses were screaming danger but as the doctor saw how Levi was glaring at and towering over her while holding me protectively, she soon tried to explain herself better.

"U-Uhh...I-I'm sorry...! I didn't mean to frighten you...I-I just...your father worked here when I was a trainee...your father used to take you with him to work but I don't think you remember me, you were too little at that time..."

I sighed in relief,

That was scary as fuck...

"...But I thought he said you were an alpha, I didn't know you were an omega"

I looked down, fiddling with my fingers "Uhm yeah, he told everyone we knew that I had presented as alpha as he stuffed me with strong suppressants to fulfil his stupid ego..."

I spoke bitterly as she looked at me awkwardly "I...I didn't know...sorry..." I rolled my eyes "Nobody did...now, I came here for other more important things, if you could get on with it please, before I pee myself..."

She nodded and hurriedly placed everything she needed on a rolling tray that she put near the bed.

She started by checking my blood pressure "Mmh...it's a little low, do you eat properly?" I nodded lightly "Yeah, it's always been on the low side, it doesn't bother me most of the time but my father didn't think I needed supplements..." I shrugged a little.

I certainly wasn't going to tell her he starved me to the point of borderline malnourishment...

"I think otherwise, I'll prescribe you some iron tablets to go with your diet and let's see how it goes in the next check-up...now, please stand up so I can take your measurements"

I nodded and stood up, walking a few steps to stand in front of her as she checked my height and then made me walk to a scale to look at my weight.

She sighed quietly "You're a little underweight for your height, but I suppose we can make it work as long as you eat right, maybe I can find a good and rich diet for you to follow, what do you think...?" I nodded lightly "That would be very helpful, thank you"

She smiled a little "No problem, that's what I'm here for, now let me take a look at your belly, can you lift your shirt for me...?" I lifted my shirt hesitantly, I didn't like strangers to look at me half-naked.

She put a measuring tape around my belly and hummed a little, before grabbing her clipboard and scribbling a number on it "The circumference of your belly is quite big for you to be only two months along like I see written on your records, though it could be due to your weight and height...now, it's finally time for you two to see your baby, how's that sound?"

Finally...

"Lay on the bed with your shirt up while I get everything ready, I'll be right back" I laid down on the bed and waited, following her with my eyes as she walked out the room, before glancing at Levi who perked his head up as soon as he heard the word 'baby'.

He sat closer to the bed as I reached for him with my hand, placing his cheek on it "Hey my gentle giant, ready to meet peanut...?"

I stroked his cheekbone with my thumb gently as he lightly smiled and nodded, letting out an involuntary croon. I leaned over and kissed his temple "Cutie..." his ears and nose got dusted in pink "Noo..." "Yees...you're my cutie pie...that makes me very angry sometimes but I love you anyway..." he huffed and blushed more "Yeah yeah, I love you too...can't wait to go home though, I can't smell you with all these scent suppressants in the room and it irks me..."