Chapter 4

The following week I was discharged and was able to go home, with the strict rule to do as little as possible to avoid straining my ribs.

Mom and I had effectively moved into Levi's house after my father was arrested a week after my discharge. He did threaten to come back but we weren't scared anymore.

Mom had become so much happier and serene, she felt loved again finally and I couldn't be happier for her.

She came to terms with my decision to keep the baby and promised to help us, but made me promise in turn to at least try to graduate in time.

She wanted the best for me after all...

A month later we were called as witnesses by the courthouse, they were finally going to judge my father for his deeds.

The day after the court called I was so nervous I vomited at least 3 times, I paced nervously up and down all day. I was stopped a few times and put on the couch by Levi, who soothed my nerves by crooning and telling me everything was going to be okay at least a thousand times.

Everyone in the house tried to help me, I was offered food I started craving, which was a bad idea, cause I vomited it right after.

I was offered warm chamomile tea, which was the only thing I could keep down, I was also offered a soothing bath but nothing could keep me still.

I was finally forced to lie down after I felt cramps in my lower abdomen, – a bad sign for a pregnant person –. I was locked in Levi's grip to prevent me from getting up again.

I was so stressed and panicked I couldn't get a wink of sleep until the first lights of dawn.

As we sat in the courtroom for the trial I felt exhausted and deprived of energy.

The sight of my father made my skin crawl in the worst possible way, so much so that I thought I was going to faint.

He had his gaze on me the whole time as if to mock me. He knew what was going on and he was ready to fuck us up again.

I knew he had something in mind...

Suddenly he blurted out I was pregnant and in a millisecond every eye was on me and I felt like disappearing.

"Judge, my son was raped by his so-called boyfriend who is legally an alpha adult and he brainwashed my child to think he wanted it too...you see he beats him and he even ended up in hospital because of him...he tries to hide behind the lie that my son has so-called bullies at school...just look at him, he's a delinquent..."

I looked at him speechless, I felt sick, I couldn't breathe.

I can't believe he said that...

just to save himself...

I clutched my chest, my lungs were burning as I hyperventilated. Suddenly the chit-chattering in the courtroom became louder and louder, my vision started blurring and I could see black spots dancing in the corner of my eyes.

I tried to get up but I swayed as I felt a sudden sharp pain in my guts and was about to fall but I was grabbed by Kenny, who supported my weight. I whimpered weakly as I started feeling the back of my jeans wet. I looked down hazily and saw my bloodied pants.

I looked at Kenny desperately

"H-Help..."

I deliriously kept mumbling that, along with "liar" as Kenny shouted for a doctor, I fainted not long after seeing Levi being taken away by police forces...

I woke up with a start, letting out a blood-curdling scream as I was pulled against someone's chest. I thrashed around, still disoriented until I recognised a familiar scent and I calmed down slowly, breathing hard.