My Bestfriend..

Erwin and I slowly snuck into the top floor of the building. Peeking my head around the wall, I looked to see how many guards were inside.

There were two men on the top staircase and four sitting down in the middle on cargo boxes. One man stood up and stretched, " Aye...How much longer do we have before it's time to ship the thingy majiggy?" His blue eyes gazed at the three others as he pushed up his glasses.

The man sitting down beside him crossed his arm, " Just two more hours. Boss says he wants it in mint condition. So Zeke, that means no fooling around and dropping it in the ocean like last week's shipment."  The man, who I guess is named Zeke, pushed his blonde hair back and chuckled, " It's not my fault that woman snuck into the helicopter. She was a lunatic! She kept talking about her experiments and told me she couldn't wait to test me one day." Zeke shivered as if the thought of the woman made him sick and I scoffed looking back at Erwin smirking.

It was obvious the man was talking about Hange Zoe. Hange and I both were recruited for these missions because we were the best at what we did. Even though I despise Hange with everything in me, I can't lie and say she's not a good agent. I met her a few days after we were first recruited into the agency, and for some reason she thought we were friends. I always tried my best to ignore her when I first met her. She was always talking about her life before the agency, and about how she used to be an assistant scientist. I didn't give a rats ass about it but everyday she would tell me something new. But she was the one who introduced me to Erwin, so I'm not at all mad about that.

Erwin Smith, who is my best friend and mission partner, was recruited the agency a little while before me and Hange. Our boss was always pleased with Erwin's quick thinking and strategies. He was also good with hand to hand combat, and that was one of my specialities so Hange introduced us at the cafeteria. We sparred together once and have been best friends ever since. I won the sparring of course, but I don't like to brag too much. Well.. maybe just a little.

Zeke yawned, " Well, I'm going for a smoke." He slowly walked out to door that was behind them which led to a balcony. The man that Zeke was talking to quickly followed him and the other men began to talk amongst themselves. I nodded my head at Erwin and we snuck slowly behind the men.

In sync, we grabbed them in a chokehold and with Hange's new "Sleep Away" medicine (that's what she calls it *eye roll*) we quickly put them to sleep. I put the syringe in my pocket after using it and Erwin grabbed my shoulder and whispered, " You take the two upstairs, and I got the ones on the balcony." I nodded and we went our separate ways.

I cleared my throat and stood up straight walking towards the stair case. I pulled out my silencer gun and sighed loudly staring at the men on the staircase. They gasped and quickly grabbed their guns and I shook my head, " Tsk tsk tsk, you're wasting your time boys." I quickly shot the two men in their chests and chuckled a little, " You always make this too easy."

I quickly walked upstairs and opened the door. Inside of the room were cargo boxes just like the ones downstairs, but on top of one of them was a small box. "Ahh, there you are." I opened the box and to my surprise there was nothing inside except a note. I rolled my eyes and picked up the note and it read: Gotcha Bitch. I groaned and threw down the note.

"Those idiots!" I exclaimed loudly, and walked downstairs and out to the balcony to meet Erwin.

As I opened the door, I sighed, "Yo Erwin, those dumbasses tricked us." I stepped outside to see no one in the balcony except the man from earlier. He was laying face down on the pavement and I tilted my head, " Erwin?"

I noticed there was blood in the railing and my heart stopped. Slowly walking to the edge of the railing I looked down. To my dismay, there he was. Dead. Like everybody else I knew in the past. I knew the feeling of death too well and I groaned.

"Hey!" I quickly turned around to the yell and saw Zeke with a AK-47 in his hands. I reacted quickly as usual and shot him in the head. He fell to the floor with a hard sound and I walked over his body and went to the elevator. While in the elevator I called our boss and but my lip. She answered, "Agent Ackerman, was the mission a success?"

I cleared my throat, " They faked us out Boss. The serum wasn't here."

She groaned, " Well we will just have to try again Agent. I have another mission for you and Agent Smith so hurry back."

I winced at Erwins name, almost forgetting my best friend was outside on the ground with broken bones and an unbeating heart. I spoke, " Erwin.. is dead."

The silence in the other side of the phone was almost unbearable and she finally spoke, " I'm sending help to your location." He quickly hung up and the elevator door opened. Walking outside to the side of the building, my heart beat quickened as I neared Erwin's corpse. I sat down beside him and grabbed his hand, " Brat."