The Book

Eren's giant came to us and it sat down. Hange was standing on its shoulder, and she slid down its arm and onto the grass beside Assyria. Pieck ran her hands through her hair, " Was there any damage?"

Hange sat down and sighed, " No, but the copy I made of the serum is gone." I looked up at her and we all sat silently. Assyria bit her lip and put her hands over her face and Hange wrapped an arm around her, " I'm sorry." Assyria started crying again, and Pieck looked at Zeke, " It's not your fault.. you know that right?"

Zeke looked at me and to the ground not saying anything. I leaned against the tree, and closed my eyes.

A while passed and a few helicopters had landed. Mr. Tybur, Mrs. Reiss, Rynear, Bertholt, Petra, and a blonde haired man and black haired woman I had never seen before.

Mrs. Reiss walked towards us being followed by the blonde haired man and blacked haired woman. Zeke, Pieck, and Assyria got up and walked to Mr. Tybur.

We all stood up and Petra came from behind them and gave me a hug, " I'm so glad you're okay." I gently hugged her back and nodded my head at boss. She sighed, " These are our two new recruits. I decided to bring them because their talents are like no other." I nodded. The blonde haired man stuck out his hand, " Hello, I'm Armin Arlert." The black haired woman nodded, " Mikasa Ackerman."

I tilted my head, " You said.. Ackerman?" They all nodded, and I bit my lip, " Hmm.." Boss cleared her throat and she looked at the floor, " Mr. Dhaka, who was in our prison cell.. escaped last night." She spoke in a low tone and I narrowed my eyes. The others all had nervous looks on their face. I looked at everyone and Hange looked at me. She scoffed, " Wait.. what?"

"He escaped last night. Our headquarters have been looking for him all morning.. but it's obvious he made his way here." I scoffed, " So you knew he escaped today.. but didn't think to call us so we could be ready for any problems?" She nodded, " I didn't want us to seem incapable of keeping one man in prison Ackerman." She looked over at Mr. Tybur and the others and I balled my hands into fist, " We all could've have died because you didn't tell anyone about him escaping! This could've been avoided."

She looked at me with narrowed eyes, " Lower your tone Regent." I shook my head, " Just because you wanted to keep our reputation you already lost your newest recruit. And you want me to stay quiet about it? They lost someone they cared about too!" Everyone was looked at me now and I didn't care how angry boss was at me. But she knew better than this.

Mr. Tybur walked over to us followed by his agents, " Whats the problem?" I crossed my arms, " Dr. Dhaka escaped from our prison last night so it's obvious that he's the one who ambushed us." Silence spread through us and Mr. Tybur cleared his throat, " Mrs. Reiss can I speak with you?"

They walked a good distance and stopped to talk. Armin was staring at the giant that was sitting on the ground trying to ignore the awkward silence between all of us, " So that's what the serum turns someone into?" Eren nodded, " Yes.. It only works if you've taken the first serum." Armin smiled a little, " That's interesting." Eren scratched his head, " You can touch it if you like." Armin excitedly walked towards the giant along with Mikasa and Eren followed.

Watching them it kind of reminded me of Erwin, Hange, and me. If I wasn't in such a bad mood, I'd smile. Zeke, Reiner, Bertholt, and Pieck walked in front of us. Zeke was pissed. Reiner cleared his throat, " So now that we know Dr. Dhaka was apart of it, won't it be easier to find him?"

Zeke nodded while looking at the ground, " Yes.. I know where his lab is. We could start there."  Assyria shook her head, " He wouldn't go to his older lab. That would be to easy for us to find him. Let's try the one here."