11- I want you to be mine

Tanner's eyes were on Hugo as he lowered his hand into Mercedes's free hand. "Would you like to dance?"

Mercedes swallowed her entire drink, set the empty glass on the table beside her, and smiled. "I'd love to."

Tanner walked her to the dance floor, and as they started dancing, he noticed Hugo wasn't at the table any longer. Having a feeling Hugo was nearby, he wrapped his arm around her waist and began swaying his hips against Mercedes's, dirty dancing with her. "I have a feeling I'm about to see a fist coming at me."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because I don't see him with that girl anymore, and the last time one of his girls danced with me, my face met his fist."

Mercedes felt a little guilty. She wanted Hugo to become jealous if he were to, but she also didn't want to see someone innocent getting hurt because of something she asked him to do. Then it hit her what he said and lowered her brows. "So you've done this before for a woman?"

He chuckled, then grinned as he spoke, "Many times. You picked the right man to do the dirty deed. As I said before, we've known each other for a long time, and I love pissing the guy off. So if I see his fist, I wouldn't care because then, I know I did the job I was asked to do."

"Alright, we're going to slow things down here a bit. I'm going to ask the ladies to grab their man or that special someone, and for them to bring them onto the dance floor, to show them what they mean to you, or why you love them," the Dj came on the mic to say. "You never know; all that slow body rubbing against one another may just get you lucky later," he chuckled into the mic.

Seconds into the song, Mercedes felt another pair of hands firmly grip her hips and was abruptly pulled away from Tanner's arms. Tanner reached for Mercedes's hand and quickly pulled her back to him, wrapping his arm around her waist, holding her tightly against him as he glared into Hugo's eyes. "Dude! What's your problem? Why are you pulling my gal away from me?"

"She's not your gal, Tanner. And you know it."

Tanner laughed. "Are you trying to say she's yours?"

Hugo looked at Mercedes, and then his eyes quickly darted to Tanner. "Yes. Sadie is my girl."

"If Sadie's your girl, you've got a funny way of showing it because it looks to me you're here with another girl. Plus, she's in my arms, not yours."

"I don't know why she's with you. From what I understood, she was supposed to be at a funeral," Hugo growled, then looked at Mercedes. "Or was that a lie so you could go out with this nitwit? As for the woman here with me tonight is nothing that you're thinking."

She didn't believe him and tightened her arm around Tanner. "I saw your hands on her. So please don't give me any lies about who she is. And now I'm going to demand that you leave Tanner and me the hell alone and that you go back to the woman you came here with," Mercedes hissed. She turned her back to Hugo, rested her head on his chest, then tilted her head back, looked him in the eye, and whispered, "Thank you."

Hugo raked his fingers through his hair. He wanted to punch Tanner in the nose but didn't want to make a scene on the dance floor after seeing all the surrounding eyes on them. Since the last time he punched him, it landed him in the pokey for the night, and before he ended up in the Hilton of all Hilton's, he walked away.

Mercedes watched Hugo walk away and let out a deep sigh of relief. "You did good, and I think it worked. So, thank you."

"You're welcome." He looked at his friends, then back to her after the song finished. "How about I buy you another drink? And then, if it's okay with you, I should get back to my friend's bachelor party."