21- Making her smile

Hugo intently eyed the man he allowed to ride along with him and Mercedes to the hotel. Occasionally he'd catch the man watching Mercedes, and when he saw him doing it again, Hugo's arm tightened around Mercedes, and he pulled her closer to him. "I'm sorry, I never caught your name." Hugo curiously said while resting his other hand on Mercedes's thigh.

"Connor."

"Well, Connor. It's nice to meet you," he politely said while removing his hand from Mercedes's lap and extending it towards him. "I'm HB, and this beautiful gal in my arm, is my girlfriend, Mercedes. Back at the airport, I never had the chance to ask how surprisingly enough it was for you to meet my girl, that she also just so happens to be late for a wedding reception that she's supposed to be running?"

"Hugo," Mercedes scolded, not liking the way he was talking to or his tone on how he was questioning Connor.

Hugo looked at Mercedes and lowered his eyebrows. "What? I'm just making small talk here. Is it wrong of me to be curious about who this man is? Who happens to be going to the same wedding you're running?"

"It's okay," Connor smiled. "I get it. He's looking out for you," he politely said, looking at Mercedes, then turned to Hugo. "Your girlfriend here walked up behind me as she was getting onto the escalator, and when I heard her complaining to herself about how she's late, I turned around and responded. We then got to talking, and when it was revealed we were going to the same place, I innocently asked if she would like to split the costs of a ride. I can assure you, nothing bad was meant by it."

Hugo was relieved to hear Connor's admission, but there was something about him rubbing him the wrong way, and he didn't care to have that feeling. Curious to know more about him, he asked, "What is it that you do for a living?"

"I'm an airline mechanic at the Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport," Conner admitted, then; as he looked at Hugo's expression, he felt the need to explain to Hugo what happened and why he was late for his brother's wedding.

Hugo hummed, still feeling unsure about the man. Instead of making himself look like an ass and pissing off Mercedes, he dropped the questioning and genuinely smiled as Marty pulled up to the hotel. "Well, I'm glad I could help you get to your brother's reception. Hopefully, he'll understand the situation that came about. Because I really don't feel like breaking up a fight between family members later in the evening."

"I know he can be a bit of a hothead sometimes, but I'll make sure to talk to him before the drinking starts."

"Yes. Please try to refrain from fighting," Mercedes begged. "I'd hate to have to throw any of my guests out of my hotel."

Connor smiled, then winked. "You won't have to worry about any fights. If anything, I'll make sure it happens outside of the hotel... Thanks again for the ride," he said, shaking Hugo's, then Mercedes's hand before opening the door.

Hugo grabbed Mercedes's luggage, then slithered his arm around her waist. Feeling more than happy to have her back home and in his arms, he firmly held her against him as they walked into the hotel and towards the elevator. And after entering the cab and the doors closed, Hugo quickly set the luggage onto the floor. And like a hungry, desperate man. Hugo turned to her, cupped either side of her face, and hurriedly lowered his mouth to hers. Kissing her long and hard, showing her how much he missed her lips against his. "God, I fucking missed you," he moaned while kissing her.

"I was only away for a couple of days," she said after breaking the kiss.

"A couple of days is way too many," he smiled. "And come later tonight, you'll find out just how much I've missed you."

She bit her bottom lip, then after she thought of her response, she mischievously smiled. "What if I'm not in the mood? You know how stressful it's been for me these last few days, and I don't think sex can change that."