Chapter 16 - The Question

The wonderful break was coming to an end. Hinata stood at the train station with watering eyes as the train to Tokyo pulled into the station.

"Bye KenKen..."Hinata said as he hugged his boyfriend.

"Bye Shoyo. I'll see you at the training camp next weekend! Okay." Kenma said while wiping Shoyo's tears away.

"Okay KenKen. I love you!" Hinata said before placing a kiss on Kenma's nose. A small yet loving gesture.

"I love you too..." Kenma responded, giving Shoyo a parting kiss before he turned around and walked onto the train.

Tears rolled down Shoyo's face faster now, a heavy pain in his chest grew as the train became smaller and smaller.

______

Monday morning Hinata rode his bike to school, he watched the scenery around him as he went down the familiar trail that would lead him to the main road.

After 30 minutes of petaling his bike the school finally appeared in the distance. Hinata got off his bike as he walked it to the building, saying hello to fellow classmates he passed.

Hinata put his bike up before he walked to his classroom, morning practice was canceled this morning.

Hinata listened to the teacher and took notes, hoping to keep his grades up. They weren't too bad, he was making 80s in class. Not his best but they were alright.

Soon the day came to an end with four more pages of Hinata's notebooks filled out in pencil and a blue sparkly blue pen.

Hinata raced out of class and into the club room to change into his gym clothes.

Hinata watched two figures walk over to him, one taller than the other. The two came closer and stopped in front of the sunshine boy.

"Hello ———-! ———-!" Hinata chirped.

"Hello Hinata!"

"Shrimp" the taller of the two glared down.

"I'm not a shrimp! You're just tall!"

"Whatever you say, shrimp."

"You two knock it off!"

"Sorry Senpai!" Hinata quickly said.

"Now, Hinata we have a question for you..."

"Yes?"

"Are you," the shorter of the two paused, "in the singing duo Broken Hearts?"

Hinata was beyond nervous, how could a simple question make him want to run away and never be seen again.

"Wh- what do you mean?" Hinata asked the two standing in front of him.

"Well since the studio and concert I've been thinking it all makes sense, plus Tsukishima saw you and Kenma hanging out, which was odd since you two were acting like a couple. Now if we take that you met at the training camp you two only knew each other for three months-" The shorter one started.

"However you're a dense idiot and Kenma is two...expressionless and anxious to ask you out. If you two do start to date it would be after years of pinning each other."

'The fact that it's true hurts,' Hinata thought.

"-Tsukishima be nice, anyways he does make a point. Do the logical thing would be you two have known each other since childhood."

"Wait Saltishima where did you see us?"

"Oh I was on a date with Yams and we were at the amusement park and we saw you two holding hands a couple times and you both also kissed after he won you a panda stuffed animal."

"Wait how'd you see us kiss!?" A very shocked Hinata asked.

Tsukishima looked at Hinata like he was stupid, "We were right next to you..."

"Oh- Oooh~ shit"

"Language!" Sugamama yelled.

"I- well the thing is, we have known each other since childhood..."

"Now, it's kinda obvious but you're in the duo aren't you?"

"What- pfftttt noooo"

"You can't lie to save your life."

"TSUKISHIMA!!"

"He's not wrong," Suga snickered out.

"SUGA!"

"So are you?" Suga asked again.

"Yes... but you can't tell anyone!"

"Why?"

"Well back in middle school a classmate of mine had rich parents and people used him for money, fame, and other things. I- I don't want that..."

"Oh Hinata," Suga said before bringing the sunshine boy into a hug.