Chapter 3 - Siblings

"I never said it was your fault," You started, sitting down on the couch across from your younger sister. "What I meant was you had been there with us and decided not to find us."

"We were in the midst of a battle! What did you expect?" She asked, letting her pulled back hair down.

"I..." You looked down at the floor, trying to remember what this had been all about. "I don't know... Chrystal, I'm sorry, I just..." You sighed, holding your head as you leaned back. "I just wanted to make it clear that I wasn't the only one who knew Link and Zelda were okay and it wasn't just me who left them. It wasn't a reason to get angry on my part."

"And I'm sorry for trying to exclude myself from a family situation. It's just been so long since I've seen you, and the first thing we do is argue."

"And for that, I apologize."

"It's alright. I apologize as well." You both sat there, embracing the first bit of silence in a while, and just thought. You thought about all the things that could be done now that Ganon was gone. Everything would be okay again.

But in reality, it wasn't. And you hated to admit it.

With the reunion of the Zora and Hylian royal families, one would think everyone was happy. This would be hard to get used to, seeing as now everything would have to rebuilt, all six children would have to get used to having their parents around, and Hyrule would be adapting again completely.

In your opinion at that point, Sidon, Scarlett and Zuko had it the hardest. Sidon had to get used to not being the only parent and king around but also trying to get close again with his eldest son.

Scarlett had to hand over her royal statuses and also get closer again with her mother, aunts and uncle. Not even that, having to quickly find herself a position with the royal knights like she wanted to. Which was something Link could easily help with.

And Zuko had to deal with... everything. Meeting family, new royal statuses, getting closer with his father and siblings, and trying not to depend on you. He mentioned on the way home how he would become more independent, and even on day one, you could tell how hard he was trying.

"Even at this, what are we gonna do now?" Chrystal asked, shrugging a bit as she spoke.

"Well, we're going to-" Just then, the door opened. And behind it was the one and only...

"...Link."

"There's my favorite sisters." Link set his sword down on the table and walked in the middle of the room, looking between you both.

"L-Link, we-" He held his arms open and you both ran into them nearly crying.

"It's okay, you two, it's okay." He held you for a few minutes and eventually Chrystal spoke up.

"Y-You're back! And you're okay!" She pulled away and smiled, clasping her hands together. Link nodded and smiled, but then there was a knock on the already open door.

"Excuse me, ladies," You heard Gaddison from outside say. Link turned around and she immediately went red. "K-King Link! I apologize, I just was letting you all know that King Sidon and Queen Zelda request your presences in the throne room." She bowed and walked away, and you and Chrystal erupted into giggles.

"I should cut it, shouldn't I?" Link said, referring to his messy golden hair.

"Aw no, Link. You've had it long since we were younger, it fits you." Chrystal said, trying to contain herself.

"Besides," You laughed. "We couldn't do without the mistaken comments. They're the best." You and Chrystal continued to laugh and Link just chuckled and rolled his eyes.

_________________
I'd like to apologize for the length in between these updates. I was supposed to update this weekly and I'm trying. January was very busy for me

And also, I suck at writing out arguments scenes so I'm sorry for that too😂

Oh and I'm gonna be re-writing chapter 1 of the first book *when I can very soon

*edit - I didn't and decided I will not as I have much other stuff going on here