Chapter 8 - Zora Queen

As you stepped into the new domain, you realized how similar it was to home. There were many differences, but the sense of familiarity made you feel more at home.

"Mother, this is _____." You snapped out of your slight daze when you heard Ryuu speak, and that's when you saw the tall, light blue zora in the throne. You immediately bowed, and Ryuu gave a small nod. "She's the queen of the neighboring domain."

"So this is that wife of King Sidon?" You heard a low voice say, and you looked to the spot next to the queen and saw a purple zora who looked an awful lot like... Muzu?

"Yes, Axel, this is King Sidon's wife." Ryuu told him, and he looked you up and down, raising an eyebrow. You stayed down on your knee, waiting for the next words that were to come out of the stingray's mouth.

"I thought he could've done better than a hylian, I mean he could have gotten any zora, especially you Ryuu and-"

"Axel!" Ryuu exclaimed, and her mother glared at him and gripped her throne. "Goodness, that's really the first thing you have to say when we have a guest?"

"What do you want me to say?" He scoffed, and you sighed, feeling a hand on your shoulder.

"It's okay, _____." Bazz said, looking up at the two zora across the room. "You got through Muzu, you can get through him." Ryuu's mother's eyes widened and she smiled. She looked down and pointed at Axel, and he looked up confused.

"What mother?" Ryuu asked, stepping closer to her. You rose from your spot on the floor, and Bazz stood his ground next to you.

"Bazz?" That's when you both heard another voice come from the opposite side of the queen, and you saw a tall golden zora.

"Irmo!" Bazz ran over to him and the pair hugged, and you smiled a bit. "It's been ages!"

"I can't believe you're here!" They continued talking while Ryuu went to talk to her mother, and you stood there until you felt two hands grab yours, and then you saw your two youngest by your sides.

"So this is our neighbors," Sidon said as he walked in behind you with Zippora and Zuko. "It's nice."

"Probably because it's older." Vinh said as he walked over, and Sidon tilted his head.

"Actually Vinh, I believe ours is older." He said, folding his arms.

"No, the ancient legends always says that ours was the first one."

"My father taught me as I grew up that our domain was the first domain born. Obviously, making us superior."

"No no no, you've got it all wrong, King Sidon." Vinh laughed, and Sidon huffed and smiled.

"I think you're the one that's got it wrong, King Vinh." The pair went on and on at each other about who's kingdom came first, and you just smiled and led your children over to Ryuu.

"So who's domain really is older mom?" Zelda asked you, and you slightly chuckled and patted her head gently.

"We may never know. But until we actually do..." You breathed, turning back to look at your husband and new fellow royal. "We'll let them decide."

______________________

Heylo readers, hope everyone's enjoying Saturday~