Chapter 13 - Date Night

"This is beautiful," You breathed as you walked into the small room Sidon had set up for a date night for the pair of you, and he rose from his seat at the table, smiling as his eyes traced over you. "You did all this?"

"For you," He walked over to you and took your hands in his, leaning down so he could kiss you. "Please, sit." He pulled away and led you to the small round table, pulling out your chair so you could sit down. "You look lovely, my darling."

"Thank you." You giggled as he went to sit down across from you, but then he stopped himself and hurried to a room just by the one you were in. He came back a few minutes later with two plates, and one was set down in front of you and the other was placed with him.

"I'm glad we finally had a night to spend together." He smiled, cutting into his salmon. "Our first real date night in a decade." He reached out for your hand, which you gladly slid across the table and gave him. His golden eyes gazed into yours with every bit of love in Hyrule, making your cheeks grow rosy. "My wife."

"I love you, Sidon." You said quietly, and his grin became brighter as he squeezed your hand gently.

"I love you too, _____." He kissed your hand, and then the two of you got to eating your fish. It was nice. It was the first time you had felt... at peace, since the war. Everything had been so crazy, you had no time to really relax. Until now. But even with that, "_____, I... wanted to... apologize. Properly this time."

"You have nothing to apologize for. I shouldn't have reacted so harshly." It was quiet for a few moments, neither of you really knowing what to say. But then Sidon finally spoke up.

"I know it's been difficult, being home after all those years of being a captive to Ganon," He breathed, setting his knife and fork down before folding his arms over the table with his head slightly down, averting your gaze. "But I want you to know nothing's changed. If we don't let this affect us, then it won't, I'm certai-"

"But it isn't just that." You looked up at him, his eyes finally meeting with yours. "I wish we could resume the way we were, Sidon, I promise you I do. But it's about the children, too. They're all still trying to adjust to this big change, Zuko especially. Some of his earliest memories were being scared and lost in a castle of ruin."

"I know." Sidon saw the way your face changed, going from a soft, calm expression to one that was worried and afraid. "I'm here for you, you know," He reached out again for your hand, and you gave it to him once again. "I'm never going to let anything ever happen to you or our children again, okay?"

You could only nod as you looked down at your hands, the rings that glistened on both of your fingers, and then back up at the smile that crossed Sidon's lips. He got up slightly from his seat and reached over for your cheek, but as he extended his arm out, he accidentally knocked over a bottle of sauce which poured heavily into your plate and all over your food.

"Ah!" He gasped, quickly lifting it to prevent more from spilling out. "_____, I'm so sorry!" You started giggling as his face turned red, and he grabbed your plate and poured some of the excess sauce onto his salmon, but it was still drenched. "I'll eat this one. It was my fault."

"Wait," You grabbed your fork and jabbed it into a piece of the now much soggier salmon, and you took a bite of it. The face that followed the bite initiated Sidon to do the same, and he was quick to make the same face. "It's so sour! And not to mention spicy," You took a drink of your water, and as he grabbed the plate you stopped him. "Sidon, you don't have to eat that. We can split this one and then just have extra dessert."

"I suppose you're right," He sighed, setting the plate off to the side, glancing back at the smile you still had. "I wouldn't mind extra... dessert." He smirked a bit, and your cheeks went red. He chuckled and sipped his drink, and then you took a bite of his salmon.

"May I be so bold to ask what you ordered for dessert?" You hummed, slicing another piece of fish for yourself, and his smile only deepened as he rested his cheek on his fist. "Perhaps chocolate cake, or some of that lovely new wildberry cheesecake that I was lucky enough to try last weekend?"

"Oh you're talking about that dessert." He lost the smirk, and it quickly became his cute thinking face. "Well, I'm certain I ordered both, one for each of us, but I'm sure we could split them and get the best of both worlds."

"Sounds like a plan." You giggled, and shortly after you finished the salmon, the waiter brought in desert. It was delicious, you weren't going to lie.

And chocolate-wildberry kisses tasted just as great.

___________________

As I'm finishing this chapter I'm about to have salmon for dinner :]

Unfortunately, I don't have a shark prince dining with me 😭

And I know this chapter was off schedule! The plan has been slightly edited but still should wrap up on the 18th