Chapter 10: The Situation

“I had forgotten to tell you when you came back, but-“

“You just forgot? Nine years of this and it just slipped your mind?” She scoffed, shooting a quick glance towards Zuko and I before continuing to glare at my father. “Sidon, we’ve been home for what now, a week? How did this topic not come up?” She folded her arms, and father started stumbling over his words now.

“_____, I’m sorry. I’ve just… I’ve just been grateful to have you and Zuko back with us again, and I didn’t want to go through all of it yet. I really should have, and I’m sorry for not doing that and-“

“Sidon, stop. We should take this conversation to our room. Zipporah, Zuko, you two just go upstairs to see your grandfather’s chambers.” She grabbed my father’s wrist and led him to their shared room, and we left my room and went upstairs.

“So Zuko, can we-“ I stopped halfway through my sentence to see my brother had disappeared from my side, and I looked around for him. “Zuko?!” I ran downstairs to the hall, and as I looked towards my parent’s room, I saw Zuko sitting outside their door. “Zuko, what are you doing?!” I whispered, sitting next to him as I could hear my parents talking. Not quite arguing, but it didn’t sound pleasant.

“I have a right to know what’s going on if I’M the one who was replaced for those nine years!” He said back, and we both looked at the door, the voices becoming more muffled by the second, and then they got a bit louder for a few minutes. We were finally getting some information, but then it suddenly stopped as my mother yelped, then something smashed, then there was two loud thuds, one right after the other.

We both gasped, but we didn’t run in right away because we heard our aunt and uncle running downstairs. We quickly stood up from the floor, and once they got to the bottom step, they darted over to us.

“Zipporah! Zuko!” Chrystal hugged us, and Link stopped and looked at the door. “What happened? What was that noise?!” All we could do was point at the door, and after Chrystal discovered it was locked, Link practically kicked it open. “Guys?!”

“Oh, guys,” My mother groaned, and we could see her sitting in between my fathers legs, and she was gripping her ankle. There was a huge pot on the floor that had broken, and the tall stand holding up this pot had fallen as well. “How did you get down here so fast?”

“Are you okay?” Link lifted the table up, and Chrystal began picking up the larger pieces of the broken vase. “That sounded pretty rough.”

“I think I sprained my ankle, but I’m fine.” She leaned her head back against my father’s chest, and he let out a sigh of relief and held one of her hands in his much larger one. “I’m lucky that that vase didn’t land on me.”

“Well what exactly happened?” Link asked, and then my mother went on to explain that she was pacing around the room when she tripped over a blanket, which caused her to fall into the stand, and it would’ve fallen over onto her if my father hadn’t pushed her out of the way.

We helped Aunt Chrystal to clean up the broken pieces, and Link sent for a doctor to check on mother. Father stayed with her, and then when the doctor showed up, my younger siblings came in as well.

“Mom?” Zelda ran in, and they both looked scared. “Mom!” She rushed over and sat down next to her, and she almost sounded like she wanted to cry. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine, sweetheart. Just had a little accident, but it’s okay.” They sat down next to her and my father until the doctor confirmed that her ankle was only sprained, and then once she left my father transferred her to the bed and then helped us to finish cleaning up. After we were done, we just stopped to talk to Chrystal and Link for a few minutes.

“You sure you’re alright?” My father asked as he sat down next to her, wrapping his arm around her. She nodded, and he kissed her head and then let her lay against his chest again. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s not your fault.” She breathed, intertwining her fingers with his. “I’m still a bit upset with you, but,” She sighed. “Thank you.”

“We’ll finish that conversation later. Rest for now, darling.” We left the room to let my mother rest, and we went to see if Ryuu arrived with Vinh and their kids yet.

_______________________

Hi! It's been a while

I'm slowly running out of ideas but I have a few left so bare with me guys <3