Chapter 12 - Temple of time

"I think it'll be fine, _____." Link shrugged, hopping up the stone steps to the Temple of Time behind you. "Everyone was stressed. It wasn't exactly the best nine years."

"I know, but I could have at least known the truth." You let out a deep sigh, reaching the top and eyes going straight to the goddess, and you walked further inside the ruins of the Temple. Long it had been since you'd been here, and the stone only became more cracked and mossy over time.

"I'm not sure why Sidon waited so long to say something, but he was probably just happy to see you were alright." That was the same thing Sidon had said. "I know you're stressed out. I'm sure Zuko's been scared, and I'm sure-"

"I'm more than sure of it." You huffed, stopping to look back at your elder brother. "I know that Zuko isn't taking this well. He's happy to be home, but it's only after a life of being trapped in the castle, and he didn't know any better." He put his hand on your shoulder and you released the breath you'd been holding.

"You've been doing well readjusting, up until you found out about Ganon. Being angry about what did happened isn't going to help you." You knew he was right. He knew you knew that. "Sidon had no idea of what happened either. He was terrified for all of our lives all those years, especially yours, and then he was scared he'd never see you and Zuko again."

"I know." You whispered, and he sighed and hugged you. "I shouldn't have been so harsh with him."

"You were stressed."

"It doesn't matter."

He pulled you out of the hug, and you pulled your hair out of your face and looked back at the statue - the face carved in hardly recognizable.

"Zelda and I want to revive this place." He said, looking around at the destroyed walls and ceiling. You weren't even sure how it still held up after all this time. "I wanted to back when we were first coronated, but I guess we had our hands full then."

"I think you should do it." You told him. "This place is special. It deserves to be remembered."

"I'll talk to her about it tonight," He breathed, walking up to the statue to gently touch it. "I remember my journey to save her like it was yesterday."

"Remind me how long it was after you defeated Ganon that you remembered I existed?" You raised an eyebrow as you glanced over at him, and he went red and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Like a decade..." He stammered, and you started laughing and pushed him. "Hey, it's not my fault I lost all my memories! I wish I had saved you sooner, really, but hey, things didn't turn out that bad right?"

"Well, sure, I got with the man of my dreams and am having a wonderful life but I could have done all that sooner, yes?" You shrugged, and he did too and bit his lip. "It's alright. I can't really blame you, though I am your sister."

"If it makes you feel any better, I didn't remember Chrystal either until we saw Scarlett."

"That makes me feel a tiny bit better. Don't tell Chrys that though. You know how she is." You both laughed a bit, and finally, you felt a bit at peace. "I'm glad we're all together again. It may be a bit of a rocky road right now, but it's the way it is sometimes, right?"

"Right," Link breathed. "I suppose we best get heading back now. Zelda and I have dinner plans tonight."

"Sidon and I have a meeting with Dorephan," You said as you turned to leave the temple with your brother. "Nowhere near as fun as date night, but it's still important." You chuckled as you walked off across the Great Plateau towards the castle.

You and Sidon would have to have a date night soon, though.

____________________

This was a shorter chapter to just get it rolling again after such a long time

Updates everyday from now til the 18th til it ends

And for any of you who are still reading this (despite how long it's been and how rarely I update 🙃) thank you for the support! :) I'm trying to make these last chapters at least halfway decent