CHAPTER 3

Chapter 3

Carmella's POV

When I got home I was about to head upstairs to my room when I overheard my mom in the kitchen, I peaked in and saw her rubbing her temples while she was on the phone. It was something about medications so it must've been about Brandon.

It made me shiver just thinking about him.

I saw the living room tv on and not to my surprise my dad was passed out there once again.

why does this have to be me?

I sighed and went upstairs. I really don't want to be extra stress to my mom since she's already caught up in all the work and the deal with Brandon, but it just comes naturally. I can't do anything about it. I always try to keep my composure but when something triggers it, it just blows.

I decided to skip dinner. Too much thinking wears you out. So I went to get my meds, gulped them down and went back to bed. I tried going to sleep early, but my brain wouldn't let me with all this thinking.

Ethan came in to ask me if I was going to eat, but I didn't respond leaving my back to face him.

I guess he took my silence as a no and left but I heard him let out a long tired sigh.

It took me til 4am until I was completely exhausted of thinking and I just drifted to sleep.

In the morning, I definitely was in no mood to go to school, specially with huge dark circles under my eyes, sleepiness still hasn't left me, and I was in a very shitty mood.

When I got to school I snapped at almost everyone who got in my way and gave them death glares.

Jess caught up to me and she just hugged me. She knew what it was already and didn't push anything out of me. I couldn't determine if I was gonna snap at her too or not. I choose not to, since she puts up with all my shit.

"I gotta go to class."

She let go and gave me a concerned look.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"I'll be fine. See you at lunch." I said

She nodded and I walked away.

I went to history and took a seat in the back corner.

Our teacher was babbling about when he got interrupted by someone coming in.

Adam.

I never saw him in my class before. My heart started to race again remembering my last encounter with him.

Surprisingly he didn't take the seat next to me but left one in between us. I know he was glancing my way from time to time but I didn't dare want to look his way.

Next thing I knew there was a paper ball thrown at me.

"Are you sick or something?" I quirked an eyebrow at his question. He must've seen my reaction and threw another note.

"I mean the fainting the other day and how you look now."

I quirked an eyebrow again. My mood already shitty and here he is asking me personal questions.

I jolted down on the paper in big red letters.

"NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS AND NEVER WILL BE. FUCK OFF."

He stared at the paper for a few seconds with wide eyes before it turned into a smirk.

When the bell rang I rushed past him and I heard him say  

"I like your ways, sweetheart."

I ran towards the girls room and leaned against the counter, staring at the mirror. I was breathing heavily, I groaned frustratedly and ran my fingers through my hair.

I took my meds, but this time I doubled my dose.

I went to the office claiming I was sick, and how I looked actually helped my lying and they sent me home.

I texted Jess.

Sorry for ditching you at lunch. I went home. You know what it is already. I'll make up to you. Love you.

****

I was in my room all day. I just laid there. Staring at the ceiling.

I heard Ethan come in the front door. He then came and checked on me. He sat down on the edge of my bed, letting out a sigh.

"Are you ok? I'm getting worried about you Ella. As much as I want to help you, you have to help yourself too."

He came and gave me a long hug, rubbing my back. I started to cry. I didn't need to say anything.

He stayed there for a while, we talked for a couple hours. He always knew how to comfort me in situations like this where I almost think of going overboard.

When it was time that he needed to go, I felt alone again. Then I went back to all this thinking.

The whole night I just stared at the wall, at the ceiling, reminiscing everything. _________________________________________________

A/N: SORRY IF THIS ONE IS SHORT. THE NEXT FEW CHAPTERS ARE FILLERS ON WHAT HAPPENED TO HER THE PAST YEAR. SO KEEP READING GUYS! AND DON'T FORGET THE FEEDBACKS!

COMMENT. VOTE. FOLLOW!!