Chapter 11

He was just as tall as Eli. Maybe his ethnicity was maybe Latin or Indian. He was a very handsome man.

The stranger took my hand and laughed at my eagerness.

"It's Julian", his voice sounded friendly. Based on first impressions I would give him a 10/10.

"Well, it's very nice to meet you, Julian".

"Aw, I'm sorry yes, Jules this is Rory and Mason." Eli motioned to the both of us.

"Nice to meet you dude". Mason smiled.

"So now that I'm back in this hell hole how about we start drinking before I see someone I don't want to." We all laughed.

The four of us sat in the living room, talking, catching up. Julian and Eli met in school; they were actually roommates. Then became best friends and sparked into something more one day. While Eli admitted that he was knee-deep in his medical studies, Julian was a drama major. 

Within an hour, we managed to have a few drinks in ourselves, and any awkward tension diminished. We were laughing about a college party disaster. One where Jules, ended up half-naked, face down on the lawn. Eli gazed at his boyfriend with a wide smile of appreciation. It was utterly adorable. One day I hope for that kind of cute shit in my life.

Once Emily finally woke up, we decided to go to the diner. We called up Ivy, and she said she'd meet us there. Thankfully, Em was sober and able to drive us there.

Lazy Sue rumbled to a stop as we all hopped out. The bright Neon lights of the dinner shone shadows onto the parking lot. The windows showed quite a bit of vacancy, the diner was the best at this time. The tiny bell jingled above the door and I knew by the black leather coat Ivy already saved us a booth.

"Eli! Mother fucking Jones!" Ivy ran up to us and squished the living hell out of him.

"Ivy Paige Albert-Reed, we do not cuss in my diner!" Mrs. AR sternly called her daughter out. She came up to us, her hair wild and her apron sported a large coffee stain.

"Well if it isn't the whole gang! Is that Eli Jones? Wow, how you grew up, baby."

Eli's cheek tinted pink, as he got smothered into a hug.

"It's always a pleasure Mrs. Albert-Reed." He tried to hide his embarrassment.

"And who is this? Handsome boy? No one's introduced me yet. Where are y'all manners?" Mrs.AR shook her head.

"This is Julian, Ma'am."

"Well, I'll be, you are a cutie aren't you." She reached up and pinched his rosy cheek.

"Mom, give the guy a break, Jesus Christ!"

"Ivy!" She warned again.

Mrs.Albert-Reed showed us to a booth.

"What can I get y'all? The usuals?"

Her words brought a smile to my face, she still remembered our regular orders. A bunch of yeahs and pleads were murmured.

"Okay, tell me everything! How's your life these days Eli?" Ivy's eyes widened with curiosity.

He chuckled, "well", his hand reached for Julian's.

"We moved into an apartment together, it's small, but it works for us." His smile reached his eyes. "And other than that, I just study all day long."

"It's exhausting", Julian replied for him. We laughed.

"And you? Ivy? What's up with you? Ya, famous now." Eli winked as he leaned his arms onto the table.