Chapter 17

-Skip to about 3 months forward-

~Ashley’s POV~

We had CD’s out on the shelves and a lot of people were buying our very first album, ‘We Stitch These Wounds’. We’re going on tour tomorrow! I was so excited!

The fans knew that we were dating but they didn’t really care, sure we got some hate messages but not many. Heck, a lot of them ‘shipped’ us together.

So Jinxx and I were walking down the street, heading out to a coffee shop for some coffee, just so we could sit and chat. It was the middle of autumn and we were dressed in skinnies, t-shirts, hoodie zippers, woolly hats and scarves. We were so cool.

Not really though, we’re a pair of losers that just released an album with a bunch of other losers. I’m so nice to my friends.

When we got to the little coffee shop Jinxx pushed the door open and then held it open for me, I thanked him before walking through. We then stood in line together, holding hands.

After we got our coffee we sat down together at a table, still holding hands, our arms resting on the table now. I held onto the coffee cup with my free hand, sipping on it. Looks like it’s going to be one of those silent days where we don’t need to talk much. We were trying to relax as much as possible before we had to be cramped up in a shitty van with the rest of the guys.

I guess tour wasn’t going to be very easy, we had to pay for gas and food and then we had 3 other vans with some crew people to help set up the stage. We had local bands opening for us at the different clubs, local meaning they were local to that town so they didn’t have to travel like us.

Jinxx and I were packed, mostly, I just had to pack up my few base guitars and he had to pack up his guitars and violin. I’m a little claustrophobic so riding in the van is going to be torture, but at least we get to play on a stage and perform for people that should like our music.

Jinxx and I ended up chatting a little about how tour was going to be before we headed back to the house to finish packing up, it was getting dark out and we had to leave at like 6 in the morning so we wanted to get to bed early.

When we got back to the house we had pizza for dinner and then headed upstairs to bed. Pizza was the easiest thing to have for now; we couldn’t leave food in the house to rot while we were going around the country in a stuffy van having to take turns driving.

Jinxx had packed up our instruments and set our bags down by the front door while the pizza was cooking so we were all ready for tomorrow, ready to go on tour.

We fell asleep rather quickly when we went to bed, kind of hard not to when you’re so tired.

I was woken up by a dripping wet Jinxx, telling me to go shower before we left. I figured he had probably already showered which was why he was wet. I of course had shoved him off of me and told him to go away but he was persistent and eventually got me out of bed.

So I showered, savouring the warm water before getting ready. I dried off quickly and dressed myself in a pair of black ripped skinny jeans, a black tank top and a hoodie zipper. The rest of my clothes were in my suitcase bag thing that Jinxx and I had bought.

We had a crappy breakfast, I had a huge bowl of coco pops, yay go me with the children’s cereal. Jinxx had a cheese and ham toastie, he went with the ‘I’m an adult’ option and also had coffee. I’m gonna act like a little kid though, I don’t want to get too old. I’d be fine this age, maybe 22 so I could get alcohol easier but hey, can’t have whatever you want, right?

The guys pulled up in the van and beeped the horn signalling that Jinxx and I should head out, so we grabbed our bags and headed out to the van we would be calling our home for the next few months of touring.

We put our instruments in the ‘instruments’ van we had, a friend of ours was going to be driving that van for us, and it also had our suitcases. We all had rucksacks with stuff that we would need during the car journey to keep us going.

CC was driving first so Jinxx and I piled into the back of the van along with Jake; Andy was up the front beside CC. The back of the van was packed with different variations of energy drinks to keep us awake.

Jinxx and I leant against the walls of the van; Jake was doing the same on the opposite side of the van. We chatted quietly about the show later and how it was all going to work. We weren’t planning exactly what we were going to do, just about the songs we would play and what songs we wouldn’t play.

We were thinking of playing All Your Hate, We Stitch These Wounds, Sweet Blasphemy, Children Surrender and then finishing with Knives and Pens. That was 5 songs, that would probably be enough, plus we had to make it to the next state for the next show.

“So, that’s how it’s gonna go?” I asked, looking over to Jake from my spot beside Jinxx.

“Yeah, I guess so.” Jake smiled, “I can’t wait to get up on the stage and play guitar for everyone, it’s going to be amazing!”

I felt Jinxx move beside me before speaking, “It is going to be amazing, I’m a little nervous though…” He admitted.

“Don’t be nervous, I’m sure it’ll all go perfectly fine.” I assured Jinxx, and it did.

The show was great, apart from a few ‘haters’ so to say that were throwing crap at us for wearing make-up, it was Andy’s idea, not ours. Well sort of ours, we did have to come up with our own design of warpaint for our face and body. It looked cool though.

The fans all seemed to love the show, most of them screaming all of the lyrics back at us as Andy sang them. There was so much positive energy filling up the entire room. But now, it was time to get back in the van and head off to the next venue. Fun.

We had to drag CC away from all of the fans that had waited outside to meet us but it was all good, everyone that had waited had gotten something signed before we left.

Once we were all piled into the van, Andy driving with Jake riding in the passenger seat, we chatted quietly, all of us feeling tired after the first show, I knew it would only become harder to keep playing but that’s the struggle of being in a band on tour. You had to give everyone that came out the best show you can offer because they might not be able to see you again, and you don’t want to ruin the experience for them.

“Well… I’m just gonna sleep now, night guys…” CC mumbled from where he was lying on the floor of the back of the van. He had been participating in conversation but he was obviously exhausted so Jinxx and I just let him be.

“We should sleep, too, Ash.” Jinxx whispered to me as we sat there, holding onto each other.

“Yeah, maybe.” I mumbled, but no more replies came from Jinxx, he had passed out on my shoulder, cute.

I just lay us both down and wrapped my arms around him, holding him close for warmth as I too drifted off to sleep.

AN:// Here's a long over-due chapter that I've been working on for quite a while. It doesn't seem like much, but it's hard to get anything out when you're suffering migraines :/ Well the migraines are still attacking me but I'm hoping they'll leave me be sometime soon, I actually have a pretty bad one right now but I needed to at least get something out to you guys. It's not that long and I apologize for that but it's the best I can do right now in my.. 'condition'.

-Jinxxthejinxxer ^,..,^