Chapter 18

~Jake’s POV~

I’d sat up all night beside Andy, I couldn’t sleep in a moving vehicle, it was impossible for me. I could only hope that I’d sleep later on if we got to stop for a little while.

We’d chatted with the radio buzzing in the background, just old and newer rock songs, it was peaceful. Nothing much was happening out on the roads. Only people that were driving were the over-night deliverers in the huge loading trucks.

“So… do you remember that night when we released our album?” Andy asked me, his eyes were focused on the road though.

“I remember parts of it; I think I was shit faced drunk though.” I admitted, playing with my hands in my lap.

“Do… do you remember anything specific that I said to you…?” Andy asked, his voice was shaking a little, like he was scared or nervous.

“No, not really… nothing significant.” I told him, I honestly remembered next to nothing about that night other than the countless bottles of alcohol I had.

“Okay…” Andy mumbled, both of us drifting off into silence, but the silence felt awkward.

Andy broke the silence maybe half an hour later, “Jake, can I tell you something?” He asked quietly.

“You can tell me anything, Andy.” I told him, looking over to him. He looked nervous.

“Just please don’t be mad when I tell you this…” He started.

I cut in, “I won’t be mad, Andy.”

“Okay, well… Jake, I think I like you. I’ve had… feelings for you for quite a while now and it feels as if they’re only getting stronger. I don’t even know if you’re gay but I know I definitely am, I hope this doesn’t change whatever friend ship we have…” Andy said quietly, seemingly scared.

“You… like me.” I mumbled incredulously.

“Yes, I do, maybe it’s love now, I can’t even tell.” Andy whispered.

I felt myself start to smile, I’d had feelings for Andy for as long as I could remember so this was like a dream come true. I started to wonder if I’d fallen asleep at some point and I actually was dreaming.

“Jake…? Are you mad?” Andy asked me, he sounded like a small child, vulnerable.

“No, Andy, I’m definitely not mad. In fact, I’m happy- no –I’m ecstatic. I’ve liked you for a while now, ‘course I didn’t say anything because I never thought that you’d be gay.” I told Andy, pulling on the thread from my jeans.

“You like me back?” Andy asked his voice no longer small and scared. He sounded excited now.

“Yes, yes I do, Andy. Maybe it’s even love.” I told him, quoting what he’d said moments ago.

“That’s amazing… wow…” Andy whispered to himself, I could see him grinning.

“I’d kiss you but you’re driving.” I told Andy, feeling myself start to grin as well.

“Yeah, don’t kiss me right now; we can do that when we get to the venue if the moment seems right.” Andy laughed, I watched him pick up a can and take a sip before focusing on driving again.

He kept his word, as soon as the van was parked up round the back of the venue for tonight he’d crawled over onto my lap and attached his lips to mine, his fingers threading themselves through my hair.

“Do-“ kiss, “You-“ kiss, “Want to-“ kiss, “Be my-“ kiss, “Boyfriend?” I asked between our kisses, holding his body close to mine. My body felt like it was on fire when Andy touched me, the feeling was amazing. I’d never experienced anything like this before.

“Of course, Jake.” Andy whispered against my lips as he took a breather.

“I think I love you, Andy.” I mumbled, my eyes closed.

“I think I love you, too, Jake.” He whispered back.

We stayed like that for a long time before we both fell asleep, Andy still on my lap. We had to sleep for as long as possible before the show so we could get our strength back up.

-Skip to last night of tour-

The tour had been a long one but it brought us all closer together as a group. It felt like we were better friends than before, granted we’d pissed each other off at points but it was fine, we’d made up. We always made up.

Sadly, we couldn’t go out to the bar to celebrate as we were under age. That didn’t stop us from drinking in the van though. Jinxx was driving as he didn’t want to get a hangover from hell like last time he got shit faced drunk.

So, Ash was up front with Jinxx, drinking in the passenger seat and pissing around, probably annoying the shit out of him while Andy, CC and I sat in the back laughing and talking about strange fans we’d met while on tour.

We had plans to go back home and relax for a while before we got back into album making. Maybe design some more merch, I know that Ashley had an idea running in his head about a fashion line so maybe him and Jinxx would work on that.

Andy and I had to move out of our parent’s houses soon, we were 19 now. That’s a bit old to be living in your parents’ house; we definitely needed a place of our own. I hadn’t talked to him about living together yet though. I was a little wary of suggesting it.

“Jake~” Andy mumbled, wrapping his arms around me. We’d come out to the guys about it the day we got together.

“Yes sweetie?” I asked, I’m pretty sure I was slurring my words.

“I love you~” Andy whispered in my ear.

“Love you, too, baby~” I muttered, wrapping my arms around his waist and pulling him into my lap.

CC had passed out on the other side of the van, he had been tired for once and had only drank so much before he decided that it was lights out.

I felt Andy start to press feathery kisses along my jaw as we sat there in the back of the van. It wasn’t dark; we had a lantern sort of thing hanging from the roof so there was a little light in here.

I stroked my hands through Andy’s hair as he sat there kissing along my neck and jaw. We couldn’t do anything in the back of the van with CC there so we were just gonna sit there in our drunken states and mess around.

I could feel the van’s wall vibrating against my back as Jinxx drove on back home. Tour was fun, but going back home would be nice; we could relax and take a breather from all the fans for a while. And the living in a van, that wasn’t particularly fun.

AN:// Main focus of this chapter was Jandy. There will be more Jinxxley in the two remaining chapters of this book. It's coming to a close, but it's been so much fun writing despite the writers block and various problems I've had while writing it.