Chapter 5

~Jinxx’s POV~

English was over, which meant that I could meet up with Jake and go work on the songs! I grinned to myself as I shoved my things into my bag and stood up. Ashley stood up as well and pouted at me.

“I don’t want you to goooo~!” he whined.

“I’ll see you later though!” I pointed out.

He just shrugged, “Fineeee~ have fun at Jakey’s!”

I chuckled and nodded, “I will~”

And with that I walked off, leaving Ashley to go home alone as I went to meet Jake at my locker. When I reached my locker I opened it and grabbed the remainder of my books and shut it again, turning to find Jake walking over to me.

“Hey Jinxx~”

“Hi!” I grinned at him.

He smiled, “I’m guessing that you’re in a good mood then?”

I nodded and started to walk, pulling him along with me. “I am in a good mood~”

“Any reason as to why you are in a good mood?”

I shrugged, “Don’t know...guess I’m just happy~”

“Well that’s good!”

“I know, dumbass...” I muttered the last part.

“Wow thanks.” He replied sarcastically.

“Oh you’re welcome~”

The walk home was uneventful, we just talked and walked till we reached Jakes house. He led me inside and down to the basement which he had made into a music room for himself. There were guitars lining the walls, along with guitar picks and everything.

“I love it in here...” I breathed as he wandered over to the guitars, me following him.

“Well it is a pretty nice room, so I’d like to think so~” Jake looked back at me.

I giggled a little and he shook his head before taking a guitar down and handing it to me. “There you go~”

I took it and sat down on a stool, tuning it quickly and taking the guitar pick from Jake. “Please, Could you print out the sheet music stuff for ‘With Ears to see and Eyes to hear’ please?”

“Sure thing, Jinxxy~ and you said please twice there.”

“I know I did~!” I grinned at him.

He just laughed and shook his head before turning to his laptop and quickly searching up the song music and printing it out. He brought it back over to me along with a music stand. He set it up and I began to play for him, singing along.

When I was finished I hesitantly looked at Jake, “Jinxx that was amazing!”

I felt my face flush red at the compliment, “Th-thank you~”

“Y’know, you’re a lot more confident when you’re playing music.” He stated.

“I guess so...my minds occupied so it’s easier.”

Jake nodded and got himself set up for his shot to play it to me. Well his own song which was, ‘Hell Above’ by the one and only Pierce the Veil. Jake had let me choose his song for him earlier that day.

He started to play and I just sat there amazed as I watched him. he was a lot better than I was, he had everything in time already and he was okay at singing as well. I shifted my weight on the seat feeling slightly uncomfortable. I wouldn’t let him know that though.