Chapter 24: My Favorite Song

"I'm not your friend or anything, damn
Stop, what the hell are you talking about? Ha
Get my pretty name outta your mouth
We are not the same with or without
Don't talk 'bout me like how you might know how I feel"

"I'm not your friend or anything, damnStop, what the hell are you talking about? HaGet my pretty name outta your mouthWe are not the same with or withoutDon't talk 'bout me like how you might know how I feel"

Clara had a slight smirk on her face, swaying her head back and forth slowly as she looked at Jorge who sat across from her. Brenda was on another seat, as she looked between the two. Silence. That's all there was.

"Well, don't all talk at once."  Clara spoke, the same words Jorge did just a few moments ago.

"So, The Right Arm is a bunch of teenagers?"  Jorge asked.  Speaking finally.

Clara snorted and shook her head.  "No, mostly adults.  But, I don't know you so I'm not giving away any of our secrets." She pointed at him, smiling.

Jorge looked at her then let out a chuckle at her comment before standing up. Clara's eyes flickered to Brenda before looking back at Jorge.

"So, are you going to let them go?" Clara asked.

"Oh, your little friends that you came with?"

"They're not my friends." Clara told him seriously, no expression shown on her face.

"Why are they with you then?"  Brenda spoke from the spot next to her.

"Taking them back to my camp.  They are new to the scorch and we both know what happens to people who are new to the scorch."  Clara stated boredly as she played with the green tennis ball.

The rest of the time of her sitting on that couch was filled with silence. Jorge went somewhere for a bit then came back. She raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything. It was probably another five minutes before she stood up and just paced the room. That's when he grabbed a box and started to put things in it, Brenda going over to him.

"So what? You're just going to give it all up? Everything that you've built?"

"There's no future here." Clara heard the two talk and she casually made her way out of the room, looking to see where the others were at. She snapped her head towards a window when she saw a bright light shine through, a helicopter noise making its way in her ears and her hand hovered over her gun in the hoster.

"Good evening! This is the World Catrsoriphe Kill Zone Department. We have your compound complete surrounded-"

"Rat Man?" Clara asked out loud, she knew that voice and boy did she wish he was dead. She quickened up her speed as she looked in and out of rooms before she came to them dangling, Teresa grabbing onto a few bars.

"What are you guys doing just hanging around?" She joked.

"Oh, thank god." Thomas breathed out, hearing her voice.