Chapter 26: It Never Stops

"Did we take too many chances?
Did we let too many pass us?
Did we light too many matches?
Turn ourselves into these ashes
Did we throw it all away?
We walk through the fire
Is there a way out?
Of the fire
Oh, I wanna know, is there a way out?"

"Did we take too many chances?Did we let too many pass us?Did we light too many matches?Turn ourselves into these ashesDid we throw it all away?Did we throw it all away?We walk through the fireIs there a way out?  Of the fireOh, I wanna know, is t...

"Shot gun."  Newt called as the group walked towards Bertha.

"Uh, no.  I always get shotgun."  Clara gave Newt a look, not believing what he just said.

"I said it first."  Newt stopped walking, making Clara stop next to him.

"I don't care.  I get shotgun."  She stated and Newt gave her a look before he quickly made his way to the car.

"Hey!  Newt!"  Clara chased after him as Newt swung the door open as he tried to get in but Clara pulled him back, pushing herself in the seat.

"What in the world."  Fry mumbled as he shook his head, smiling slightly.

"Clara, ow!"  Newt groaned as the two were basically squished on one another.  Clara sat slightly on Newt as the left side of her rib she was pressed in the middle console.

"Get out."  Clara groaned.

"No!"  Newt closed the door, being pushed against it while he rolled down the window to lean out slightly.

"I'm not moving either."  Clara said.

"Fine."  Newt bickered.

"Perfect!"  Clara bickered back.

"Fantastic!"  Newt grumbled.

"Children.  Please!"  Brenda groaned from the back.

~~~

"Where even is this place?" Minho asked.

"We're almost there, be quiet. Just keep going straight." Clara directed Jorge as she shifted a bit.

"I hope so, you made my leg go to sleep." Newt said as he tried to move, but was unsuccessful.

Clara didn't say anything as Jorge slowly came to a stop on the road as cars were blocking the rest of the way.

"Now what?"

"We walk." Clara leaned over and opened the door before climbing off of Newt and walked down the road.

Clara squinted her eyes slightly as she looked up at the mountains, she knew they were here. Mountain Duty. She walked a bit further while the others looked in the cars as they walked by.

Thomas grazed his hand over a bullet hole on a car before a bullet flew his way.

"Oops." Clara mumbled. She should've known they would've fired at them, but she was exhausted and just happy to be back, it didn't occur to her.