Chapter 34: When It's All Over

What have I become?
My sweetest friend
Everyone I know goes away
In the end
If I could start again
A million miles away
I would keep myself
I would find a way

What have I become?My sweetest friendEveryone I know goes awayIn the endIf I could start againA million miles awayI would keep myselfI would find a way

"You know you can just stay with me". Aaron loaded his weapon as he looked at Clara. Clara who was fixing up her WCKD uniform glanced at him for a moment, not saying anything. "Ron, we talked about this." She said softly.

"Yeah but-"

"I can't always be by your side.  I need to do this."  Clara told him seriously.

"Yeah but-"

Clara cut him off again.  "I need to do this."  She repeated, the two looking at one another.  "I need this."  She whispered and Aaron slowly nodded.

"I know".  Aaron continued to nod before he pulled her into a tight hug.  Clara seemed surprised at this.  Aaron wasn't one to hug first, but she wrapped her arms tightly around him as he buried his head in the crock of her neck.

After a moment, Aaron pulled away and gave her a short nod. "Clara! Let's go". Thomas called to her and she made her way over to the others.

"See you sooner or later". Clara told Aaron, giving him a wave as she walked backwards then turned fully around.

~~~

"This is shucking weird".  Clara mumbled as she looked through the helmet then continued down the hall before she made a turn and walked through a door, being met with Teresa than the others who were in disguised as well.

They suddenly stopped, all of them looking at each other. Clara then made a gesture with her foot, letting them know to keep walking as she followed after them. They walked further until Teresa scanned her card, all of them quickly walking in the room.

"Hold. Hold on. I think I can get in here". Gally spoke up, standing in front of a system, lifting the face covering up.

"Throw me the walkie". Thomas said, Gally easily tossing down to him as he was down a flight of stairs. Coughing was sounded and Clara immediately turned her head, looking at Newt who was leaning over the railing.

Gally started to get to work and Clara leaned against the wall giving Newt a worried look when he turned back around to face her. He easily left her gaze. But the two knew.

"Frypan we're in. How are you doing?" Thomas asked through the walkie.

Yeah. Yeah...I'm getting there. Tell Minho hi for me.

"Hang in there buddy".

"This will work". Gally nodded while Clara went over to Gally and looked at what was inside the box.

"Brenda?" Thomas asked.

Don't worry.  You know I'll be there

"Copy. Aaron?" Thomas then asked.