Chapter 7: One Year & Seven Months In

"Yeah, late nights get the best of me
They know how to get to me
Suicide thoughts come and go like a guest to me
But I don't wanna die, just wanna get relief"

"Yeah, late nights get the best of meThey know how to get to meSuicide thoughts come and go like a guest to meBut I don't wanna die, just wanna get relief"

"Hey, Clara. You busy with anything?" Fry popped his head into the Medjacks where Clara and Clint were playing cards once again.

"Yeah, we're in a middle of a game and I'm about to beat her for the first time ever." Clint looked down at his cards before taking one from his stack and flipping it over.

Clara let out a laugh before setting her cards down, before standing up. "What's up Fry?"

"I'm running behind on breakfast and forgot to get some grapes, mind waking up Newt and have him get some for me?" He asked with a pleading look.

"Yeah. Sure thing." She nodded before turning to Clint. "Don't look at my cards, I will know." She gave him a serious look before walking out, pass Fry as he stayed.

"How would she know?" Clint scoffed, picking up one of her cards and looking at it.

"She's gonna know." Fry told him seriously with a smile, walking out.

"How will she know?" Clint muttered to himself.

"CLINT! STOP LOOKING AT MY CARDS!" She yelled from outside and he quickly dropped the card he was about to look at, his eyes wide, while he could hear Fry's laughter.

Clara headed to Newts hammock, making her way carefully pass the sleeping gladers. She got to Newts hammock and saw it was empty. Was he already up? She questioned herself before she made her way to the garden, expecting him to be there.

"Newt?" She questioned and saw no one was there either. She just shrugged and picked up and empty bucket and went through the garden, finding the grapes and picked the ones she believed were fine and stuck them in the bucket.

When she made her way to Fry cooking she placed the bucket on the ground beside him. "Thanks Clara, you're a lifesaver." He said as he was scrambling some eggs.

"Yeah, no problem." She nodded, leaning over on his empty workspace. "Morning guys." Zart yawned as he made his way over.

"Morning Zart." Fry placed the grapes on the side and handed him the plate.

"Hey, Zart. Have you seen Newt?" She questioned and he shook his head sleepily.

"No, sorry Clara. Might want to check the garden." He told her before heading off.

"I did check the garden." She muttered.

"Here you go." Fry handed her a plate and she shook her head.

"In a little bit Fry. I need to find Newt." She told him and he nodded, passing the plate to another glader.

"Alright, well, he couldn't have gotten far." He smiled.