Chapter Ten

Denki awoke to a familiar setting. He was about to snuggle closer to Hitoshi and go back to sleep but then he noticed the clock. Denki's eyes widened, school started in 10 minutes. "Shinso." No movement came from the lifeless cocoon. "SHINSO." hitohsi raised his head and rubbed his eyes. "Mmm..what?" Denki blushed at the sound of Hitoshi's raspy morning voice. "School starts in 8 minutes." Hitoshi quickly jumped out of bed. "Shit, why didn't you wake me up earlier?" Denki went to his wardrobe to get his uniform. "I'm s-sorry." Denki wasn't crying but he had become anxious, thinking Hitoshi would hit him. Hitoshi, noticing Denki had started shaking a little, walked over and gave him a hug. "No, I'm sorry, I forgot to set the alarm." Denki flinched a little when he felt Hitoshi's arms around him. "I'll never hurt you Kami and i promise he will never hurt you again." Both of them re-remembering that they had very few decreasing minutes until class grabbed a few last minute items and ran like lightning (mcqueen.......KACHOW..ehehehe). Seconds before the bell they slammed the door of the 1a classroom open. The members of the class had now focused all their attention on the red faced, panting boys. Denki's face turned redder from all the attention, thankfully though the bell rang and the class got to their seats now their attention was on Mr Aizawa. Denki looked to his right at Hitoshi who gave him a small smile which put denki at ease. Mina, being the busy body she was, saw this interaction and stared at Denki until he turned to her and saw her devilish smile. Denki's face lit up faster than a wildfire, he realised she had seen it. Mina started wiggling her eyebrows, which made Denki groan and Hitoshi looked from Denki to Mina. Mina turned away and started giggling, сleaving Hitoshi with a confused look on his face. Denki hid his face on his desk then he felt a notification from his phone.

Text message - Mina: Oo la la, does a certain yellow haired boy have a crush on a certain purple haired boy? Oh my, I think he does eyebrows emoji eyebrows emoji.

Denki: Mina! You're going to make it too obvious and he's going to find out!!!

Mina: Ah so i was right, a momma can always tell when somethings up with her babies

Denki rolled his eyes and scoffed a little, 'Ooo yeah she ToTaLlY kNoWs WhEn SoMeThInGs Up'

Denki: Can we keep it a secret from the rest of the squad please?

Mina: Of course of course...as long as you spill all the deets. Slumber party at my dorm tonight, be there or be square.

Before Denki could type out his response he felt a tap on his shoulder. "What?" he looked up and realised Mr Aizawa was standing above him. "Oh shitttaki mushrooms." Mr Aizawa rolled his eyes and took Denki's phone. "Come to the classroom at the second half of lunch Kaminari." The whole class ooed like a bunch of grade 2 kids. Denki's knee started bouncing with anxiety about what Aizawa would say after class. Hitoshi put his hand on Denki's leg which startled the hell out of him. "He probably just wants to talk about the therapy thing." that made Denki even more nervous. "Hey, remember i'll be with you all the way." Denki calmed down and gave Hitoshi a small smile. Hitoshi removed his hand from Denki's thigh, Denki missed the attention and warmth. He blushed deeply at the thought of Hitoshi touching him more. Mina watching this let out a small snicker at Denki's flusteredness. She couldn't wait for the boiling tea to be spilt tonight.

Class was boring as usual which gave Denki plenty of time to overthink things. 'Shinso only likes me as a friend right then why did he put his hand on my thigh. No no no don't get your hopes up, he'll just hurt you. He just cares as a friend.'

He doesn't care

'Why the fuck are you back'

Shut up you worthless piece of shit

'Go away'

You can never get rid of me, you're a burden to shinso

He doesn't want you around

'Yeah? Then why is he trying to help me and hanging around me a lot'

Because he feels sorry for you, you broken ugly ass bitch

'...'

Everyone around you will hurt you sooner or later, if you kill yourself you can avoid the hurt

'But then I'd hurt the people around me'

Ha, they'd get over it cos they don't care

"Kami." Denki turned his head to look at Hitoshi. "Y-yeah, whats up?" "You zoned out and had this really distant and sad look in your eyes. Also class is over." Denki looked around at the class who most were already out the door. "Oh." "You sure you're alright?" Denki gave Hitoshi a small smile. 'No' "Yes." Hitoshi stood up and ruffled Denki's hair. "Aight let's go." Hitoshi offered his hand to Denki to help him get up from his desk. Totally unnecessary but Hitoshi couldn't help himself. Denki took it, making his face a tomato which made Hitoshi smirk a little but also made his heart flutter a bit. Aizawa chuckled lightly at the interaction, 'I totally ship it.' He thought. Although neither of them really wanted to let go of each other's hands they didn't want it to seem weird to each other. The bad thoughts still lingered but Hitoshi's presence was keeping the worse ones away.

Time skip to lunch

Denki walked with Hitoshi into the cafeteria and scanned the room for the bakusquad. Once he spotted them he turned back to Hitoshi. "Hey um Shin?" Hitoshi looked down at the yellow haired boy. "Mm?" Denki's hair looked so fluffy to Hitoshi. "Do you uh..w-would you.." Hitoshi couldn't take it anymore and ran his hands through Denki's hair. "Don't be nervous, it's just a question." Denki went firetruck red. "W-would you like to sit with me and the b-bakusquad?" "Sure." Hitoshi's hand left Denki's hair though Denki secretly wished he wouldn't leave his fingers from it. "You go ahead, i'm going to get some food." Denki nodded and walked towards the table where Kirishima, Bakugo, Mina and Sero were sitting.

When Mina saw Denki she smiled a mischievous smirk. "Denks." Mina whispered "I think Shinso likes you" "What?" "Oh come on now i see the way he looks at you." Denki turned to look at Hitoshi as he was coming to the table. "We'll talk at the slumber party." Mina's eyes were sparkling with mischievous and happy energy. Once Hitoshi reached the table, Denki told the group he invited Hitoshi to sit with them. Although receiving a glare from Bakugo, as usual, the group welcomed Hitoshi pretty well. "Hey Shinso." Mina looked directly at Denki while talking. "We were thinking of having a slumber party and I was wondering if you would want to come." Mina evilly smiled at Denki as his eyes started to widen. Denki started to think about all the things Mina would say and do to make him confess at the slumber party. Denki started to get nervous and his hand started shaking because he remembered he had to go and talk to Aizawa about therapy. Denki felt warmth surround his hand and looked down to see Hitoshi hand around his. Denki turned his head up to face Hitoshi, making their faces 2 inches apart. Being that close made Denki nearly fall off his chair but Hitoshi caught Denki by his back. 'He only likes me as a friend.' Denki got out of the weird position he was in so fast he almost fell over again. Hitoshi looked sorry and a little bit hurt. The bell rang for the second half. "Ah sorry gotta go." The whole table watched as Denki sped away leaving Hitoshi recovering from the hurt of his heart. Denki opened the door to the classroom. "Come in Kaminari."

A/n - Thx for support through the comments and votes :). Updates should get regular again (Weekly or less). I think I'll do trigger warnings only for bigger stuff rather than do them for only dark thoughts.

Vote, comment, subscribe, watch anime, eat 2 minute noodles, burn school books or whatever.