five;

Fletcher Wilson groans loudly as he again is thrown against his locker as a couple of jocks walk by

Fletcher Wilson groans loudly as he again is thrown against his locker as a couple of jocks walk by. "Watch it, Foreigner!" cackling loudly.

The summer of 2012 was supposed to bring good things for the 16 year old . He was not only about to start another school year. His band he had created with three of his schoolmates had just gotten some notice in his hometown of Hornsby, Sydney. He'd dreamed of playing drums in a band of his own one day, and now after playing a couple of gigs ( birthday parties, school assemblies and such) , Discipline Winter felt like they were getting somewhere, after a girl in their year had family connections to a label.

It all looked promising.... until Fletcher was sat down by his mum into the fourth week of summer vacation.  She had gotten a company transfer in Lima Ohio. 

In America

Fletcher had never heard of such a place. But all he knew now was of three things.  Discipline Winter was going to be no more. He was going to move. And to America. 

When breaking the news to his mates, they were gutted, but promised to go on hiatus until the off chance they'd come back. 

Their last letter to him the day he arrived in Lima, they'd already found a replacement .

Now here was a new school, into the third week of classes and the curly haired Australian was more miserable then he'd ever been. He found out very quick, that school in America is nothing like those teenage coming of age films. There was no mingling with groups and everyone liking everybody else.

No, everyone stayed contained in their bubble and only people like them got in.

As far as Fletcher was concerned, he had yet to find that circle. If such a place existed for him at this point. He'd already been pushed around by a couple of footballers, being shoved into lockers and even in a dumpster at one point.

His classes were okay, but really who's gonna need to know half of the crap when he leaves anyways?

Pretty sure, you're not gonna need to know half a chapter on a couple of dead politicians on a job application.

One class he did excel at was gym class. More specifically, track. Coach Bieste saw the immediate potential in him, immediately putting him in the front of the class and using him as an example.

Which made the target on him almost grow in size.

Yeah this year was turning into one big shit stain.

Fletcher missed his old town, his old friends....His old drum set.

He wanted to bang on it so badly. Get everything he'd been holding in for three weeks now, out onto those snares and cymbals. But instead, it was residing in his Uncle Andy's house. Probably collecting dust, because the guy forgets half of the crap he owns to begin with.