Chapter Nine

A- Alecto the Fury

This chapter is dedicated to HyllaTwiceKill for answering the last QOTC correct.

Zoë's POV
I woke up to see absolutely nothing, so I did the most logical thing. I screamed my guts out. I heard feet shuffling towards me and Dayus trying to calm me down. I soon heard my mother's voice and I immediately calmed down.

"Mom," I asked. "Why can't I see anything." I could hear my mom gasp. I felt some air on my face, but I still couldn't see anything.

"Sweetheart," my mom called out, her voice scratchy, like she had been crying.

"You aren't going to like this, but..." she paused. "You're blind." She said her voice barely a whisper.

"What?" I breathed out.

"Zoë? Hello? What are you saying? I can't hear anything." Dayus's voice rang out.

"Luke!!!" my dad suddenly yelled. I could hear feet shuffling getting quieter and I could hear Luke crying.

"Luke?" I called out. "Are you okay?" I asked, afraid of the answer.

"No! I'm missing an arm and a leg! And why does my face and chest hur- Ahhh! I have a gigantic scar, why is that?! And are we underwater?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!" he asked a ton of questions after that, but I zoned out.

Dayus was still holding my hand, and that I could feel him crying.

"Dayus don't cry," I said. He still cried.

My mom's hand was suddenly on my shoulder as she said, "Honey, I know you aren't going to like this, but Dayus is deaf. The car wreck made him completely deaf and he lost an arm." I gasped and started to weep as well.

We sat there for I don't know how long crying, before Grandpa came in and told us something.

"Percy, Annabeth, children," he said. "I have been summoned to Olympus for a meeting and was ordered to bring you five as well." I nodded and tried to stand up. I could fell Dayus trying to help me and I gladly accepted the help.

Poseidon's POV

I hated seeing my family like this. It was devastating how much my grandkids are suffering. I watched as Dayus, I think, helped my little Zoë up and walk around. I don't know how they were going to speak since one was deaf and the other was blind. I led them to throne room so I could teleport them.

I know what you're thinking. Why the throne room? Well I just wanted to, okay? So once we were on Olympus I was surprised to see my idiot brother Zeus, actually look sympathetic for once, at my grandkids and Dayus. Zeus spoke up once I had taken my seat on my throne and the rest of the Olympians and their cabin counselors were all there and Hades and Hestia.

"Demigods and Gods, I have summoned you all here today because of an unfortunate event that has happened to these three legacies," he said, gesturing to Luke, Dayus and Zoë. "The girl is now blind, the boy of the hades spawn is deaf and has only one arm, and the girl's twin has one arm and one leg. I have received news from Apollo that he has seen this in one of his past visions. He has also said that his oracle has recited a prophecy lately that seems to concern the girl and her boyfriend. It goes like this." He paused, cleared his throat and motioned for the two of them to move forward, which they eventually did with their parents' help. "The prophecy goes like this:

The daughter of Wisdom and Sea
And the son of Death and Sun,
Shall travel North for yearn to see,
They shall find a secret to reveal the past
And long for one whose path was unlast."

To say I was shocked was an understatement. I mean one of them is blind and the other is disabled and deaf! And one of them is my only GRANDDAUGHTER!!!!!!! Sometimes, I really hate the dates, but if there is a quest for them, then they must do it according to the ancient law.

After everybody got over their shock, my son and daughter in law(btw it sucks to be related to Athena even more than I already was) started to protest.

"I will not allow my daughter to go on a quest, I have been on too many to count, but all they bring is tears, sadness and trouble. I will not allow it!" My son yelled.

"Son," I said. "It ancient law that, if given a quest, the person, or people, stated in it must complete that quest." I could see the hurt in his eyes and I really couldn't blame him.

His only daughter that he has only known for a few days is leaving to go on a quest. He quietly sulked down back to his spot with Annabeth and Luke in tow. I decided to call Tyson to get a surprise ready for Percy to cheer him up. They silently nodded once Zoë tapped the prophecy in morse code on Dayus's only arm. I hope they will be okay, I really love the both of them. I looked around and found that Artemis was missing rom this meeting. How I didn't notice earlier was beyond me. Since I zoned out, they had finished the meeting and we're leaving. I minimized myself and went to my son and his family.

We were about to flash out when someone flashed in and yelled...

Hey Demigods! I hope you're not mad at me, I just had a church retreat a few days ago. I hope you guys liked that chapter. BTW this pic of Nico is my fave and it's also my lock-screen.

QOTC- What punishment did Minos want to give Daedalus in The Battle of The Labyrinth?