Chapter Eight

Annabeth's POV

As I was unconscious, I remembered a lullaby Percy sung to me when I had flashbacks from Tartarus before I left. He said Bianca taught him it once. It's really sweet. I could just hear it from every direction and, it calmed me. It went like this:

Close your eyes; I know what you see
The darkness is high, and you're in ten feet deep
But we've survived more terrible monsters than sleep
And you know I will be here to tell you to breathe

Tu sei il mio soldatino
La ragione per cui vivo
Non ti scordar di me
Io veglierò su di te

Stumbling lost; the last choice of all that you
Meet
It's the cost of ruling those 'neath your feet
Paths you've crossed, and trust you're trying to keep
You're exhausted, listening for a voice that can't speak

Bianca never finished it stating that the rest of it was too personal. I can see how it's calming and I really I hope I can someday perform it somewhere.

Anyway back to my unconsciousness. As I heard all the lyrics, I could also see my entire life. I knew I wasn't dying because I couldn't see Thanatos anywhere. About 2 hours, or something, I finally woke up. I suddenly wished I never woke up.

What I saw was enough for me to burst into tears.

First off, I had a broken arm, Percy had a broken leg.

Dayus had lost an arm and Zoë looked fine.

But Luke was the worst. His entire leg from the knee down was amputated, his whole right hand was amputated as well and he had a scar coming from his eye, down to his chest, forming a diagonal line.

I started to get up and make my way to Luke. When I got to him, I caressed his face like it was fine china. I softly sang into his ear,

"Close your eyes; I know what you see
The darkness is high, and you're in ten feet deep
But we've survived more terrible monsters than sleep
And you know I will be here to tell you to breathe

Tu sei il mio soldatino
La ragione per cui vivo
Non ti scordar di me
Io veglierò su di te

Stumbling lost; the last choice of all that you
Meet
It's the cost of ruling those 'neath your feet
Paths you've crossed, and trust you're trying to keep
You're exhausted, listening for a voice that can't speak"

"Wow Annie, I didn't know how nice your voice sounded before." I turned around to see Percy.

"Shh. Look at him, oh I don't know what to do." I said going over to him and sobbing into his shirt.

"Look Annabeth, I know we'll get through this okay? We always find away and I am not going to let him go right as we found him." I just cried even harder at that.

I finally forced myself to stop so that I wouldn't wake up the kids. Someone cleared there throat. I turned around to see Leo and the gang in an Iris Message.

"Look," he said. "Luke and Dayus will be fine because I've made them a prosthetic that wires up to their brain and they can control it just like a regular arm or leg." Leo explained.

"Okay. I guess that is some much needed great news." I say.

I hear I groan behind me and I see Dayus getting up.

"Nico and Molly, can you come to the front?" I ask them.

Molly and Nico come to the front and Molly gasps at what she sees. Her son was deaf. You could tellbecause he didn't even flinch when I yelled in his ear. I decided that I would get back to them later after I asses how bad the damage is on Zoë. I walked over to her, and did a full check on her from what the Apollo cabin. After the check up, I composed a list of all her injuries were.

She had a few scratches and scrapes, a dislocated shoulder blade. I decided that I would have to talk to Apollo for something. I didn't cry because I knew what it was like to be scared. While in The Pit, I had a cursed placed onto me by Calypso, although I forgave her. The curse was one to make you blind and really, it was one of the most scariest times in my life. I would help her deal with this. I decided to pull Dayus over to her since he was freaking out that he couldn't hear and that he had one arm. I figured that seeing Zoë would calm him down.

Instead, he started crying on Zoë's bed muttering on how it was his fault. I wrote down on a paper that it wasn't his fault and that it was the other driver's fault. I decided to seewhere we were since the only things I've seen since I woke up was the kids and Percy. Percy trailed after me and we just walked in silence since neither of us wanted to talk.

When we reached a window I almost fainted.

WE WERE UNDERWATER!!!

Well more specifically Atlantis, Poseidon's realm. Then I realized that when we crashed, Poseidon must of have noticed and willed the water to bring us down into the water so he could heal us. Being a daughter of Athena has it's perks. When Percy realized this, he started swimming at top speed towards his dad's palace.

I struggled to keep up with him, and when he realized this, he slowed down and swam at my pace. He quickly made our way to Poseidon's throne room. When we got there we saw Tyson, Triton, Amphitrite and Poseidon. Tyson ran up and hugged the life out of Percy and I.

after he was done Poseidon hugged Percy and Triton, and surprisingly, Amphitrite hugged him as well. I was very glad that Percy was the son of Poseidon right this moment, because he willed the water to heal us all.

Percy now only had a slight limp, I just had a sore arm, the kids' scratches were gone and Luke and Dayus' amputated limbs weren't bleeding and were only bad scars. After we all said our introductions to each other we chatted for a while.

After what I'm guessing was about an hour though, I heard something that made my blood run cold.

Something that sounds like the person has seen something only me, Percy and Nico have seen.

Two loud blood-curdling screeches.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey Demigods!

I hope you guys are having a good weekend. I have had an awesome weekend. i don't really have anything to say.

Oh yeah! I'm going to start doing a QOTC or Question Of The Chapter.

QOTC- What is the first monster Percy faces?