Chapter Four

Annabeth’s POV

I woke up and, as quietly as I could, I went to the bathroom to go freshen up. I then remembered that it was Christmas. After I took my shower, I put my pjs back on and hurriedly, and quietly, rushed to my cabin and got the presents I’ve been keeping under my bed.

I had presents for the 7, Zoë Chiron, Thals, Nico, Grover, Reyna, Rachel, Tyson, and Ella. I know a lot right? Well, they are my family and I have to get them something. I then grabbed some clothes for Zo and I and quickly and quietly snuck back into Percy’s cabin.

They still weren’t awake, as expected. They are the two most heaviest sleepers on the planet. I’m pretty sure Leo could have Apollo practice the new instrument he made for him on full volume and they still wouldn’t wake up, and trust me, Apollo has a lot more practicing to do on that thing. It sounds worse than Octavian criticizing us Greeks.

I took a shower and when I got out… surprise, surprise, they were still asleep. I decided to take matters into my own hands.

“Percy, wakie, wakie.” I said. When that didn’t wake him up, I decided to take it to the extreme.

“Percy, I have blue pancakes!” I yelled from across the room.

He was there in two seconds flat. While he was rubbing the sleep from his eyes, I was rolling on the floor laughing my head off. Then I remembered that Zo was still asleep.

I went over to her and whispered in her ear, “Dayus is half-naked in front of you.” I wasn’t blind; I knew she had a crush on him.

She bolted up so fast I was afraid her head might snap off. She realized I was kidding and punched me on the arm while I was laughing.

“You pervert!” she yelled.

“Well, it’s your fault that you wouldn’t wake up to anything else.” I said.

Percy was rolling on the floor laughing in the background.

“Besides, it’s Christmas morning and I’m assuming you want presents.” I said with a smirk plastered on my face.

“Presents?!” Percy and Zoë said.

They always do that and it gets kind of creepy. I chuckled and brought out the presents. They ripped them apart faster than I could say ‘Go!’ Zoë got a book gift card, since she likes to read, her own Camp Half-Blood shirt, some headphones, and lastly, Dayus gave me a gift and told me to give it to her.

“Hey Zo, Dayus gave this to me saying it was for you.” I said.

She ripped it out of my hands and ripped it apart as soon as I said it was from Dayus. It was beautiful; he got her a heart locket with the engraving, ‘To my wise little Angel fish love your new Day.’ I started tearing up with her. Apparently he loved her as much as she loved him.