Chapter Five

Zoë’s POV

I woke up in Dayus’ arms. It all came back to me at once, the necklace, the kiss, the date, and the test. He passed… HE PASSED!!!! This is amazing! I did a little dance in my head so that I wouldn’t wake him up. He looked so cute while he was sleeping. For the first time in a long time, I had a dreamless sleep.

“Morning Zo.” A voice said as I jumped. The voice belonged to my father.

“Heeeeyyyy dad.” I said, trying to play innocent.

“Look, your mother told me what the test was, so my question is did you give it to him?” he said.

Styx.

“Well,” I said drawing out the ‘well.’ “Yeah.” I mumbled.

“Sorry, what was that?” My dad said, waiting for me to admit it.

“Yes! Okay? I did.” I whisper yelled for him to hear, not wanting to wake up Dayus.

It was close, but he only stirred.

“Outside, now!” my dad whisper yelled back, his voice demanding.

“No. Okay? I’m staying here; we’re leaving tomorrow and I don’t want to waste a single second of my time with him.” I said.

“Fine, but once we are on the road we are having a long talk about this.” He said, closing the case.

I snuggled next to Dayus, not wanting to ruin this perfect morning. Unfortunately for me, he woke up just as I got comfy again.

“Hey Smartie, What’s got you all unhappy?” he said seeing my mad face.

“You woke up.” I said in an unhappy tone.

He mocked being hurt at this. “Well sorry if I want to see your beautiful face Smartie.” He said.

“Look let’s just go to breakfast already.” I said, pretty pissed that I can’t watch him sleep anymore.

I went to go get ready while he went back to the Hades cabin to get changed. I took a quick shower, got changed and went to the Mess Hall for breakfast. I went to the Hades table to talk with Dayus. Unfortunately for me, Maria, came up to us.

“Hey the Aphrodite cabin is spreading rumors that you two were sleeping together last night. Is it true?”

Uh-oh.

“Meet me under the lava wall later with the rest of the gang.” I said.

“Okay, Talk to you guys later.” She said and then walked off.

“Hey Dayus, meet me and the gang under the lava wall later okay?” I said.

“Sure. See you later.” He said and walked off.

I sulked back to the Poseidon table with my parents.

“Morning Zo,” my mom said. “Sleep well?” She asked winking at me while I blushed redder than a fire truck and she chuckled at that.

“Well we should get packing since we’re leaving tomorrow.” I said trying to change the subject.

My mom’s smile disappeared from her face almost immediately.

"That reminds me that Percy and I should say a few goodbyes right now. You should say good-” My mom was cut off by a horn.

“The New Camper Horn!” My dad exclaimed.

"It hasn’t been used for quite some time. What do you say Wise Girl, do you want to go meet the new camper?” My dad said.

“Can I come too?” I asked.

“Sure. Let’s go!” We rushed to the camp border and mom, dad and I gasped. The camper looked like an exact opposite of me. He was tall, a boy, obviously, he had sea-green eyes, blonde hair with a raven black streak in the front. Everyone grew silent because they saw it too.

We slowly approached, “What’s your name?” my mom asked.

“Luke.” Everyone gasped again. My mom looked like she was about to burst into tears again.

She sucked them in and said, “My name is Annabeth Chase.” His eyes turned to the size of the saucers.

“My mom told me to come here and look for you and a girl by the name of Zoë.” I leaped at him, my hand grabbing the Imperial Gold knife my mom gave me and I put it up to his throat.

“Who are you and what do you want?!” I yelled.

“Zo calm down!” my dad said.

“Please don’t kill me!” Luke said terrified.

“Give me one good reason not to!” I yelled.

“Because I’m your brother!” He yelled before passing out.

Hey Demigods!! Sorry for the short chapter, I just wanted you guys to have something to read until I can find some time to write another one. I hope oyu guys had a nice break! I have school tomorrow and since i'll be really busy the rest of the week, I'm going to try to post one chapter each weekend. You guys had better help me keep that promise by commenting if I miss a weekend.

Okay?

Have a nice week!

See you later Demigods!!