Fear

Cassiopeia Nott

Cassiopeia Nott

"Cassie. Cassie!" Theo called, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Hm?" I asked.

"I said are you going to eat that?" He asked as he pointed to the bread roll on my plate. I shook my head, no, to which he quickly scooped it up into his mouth. "Weed makes me hungry." He grinned through a mouth full of food.

"It also makes you a pig. You have food crumbs flying from your mouth." Athena said, the disgust evident on her face as she handed him a napkin. He waved off the napkin and looked back towards me. After an over exaggerated gulp, he asked, "Cassie, you ok? You've barely talked all night."

"Yes, I'm fine. Just tired." I shrugged as I picked at my green beans. Theo didn't look convinced. He turned to Athena for a confirmation on whether I was lying or not.

"She said she's fine." Athena responded plainly. I don't think she believes me either.

He narrowed his eyes at the two of us. "Is it a girl thing?"

"Yes. If it will get you to leave it alone, it's a girl thing." I answered, unintentionally snapping a bit as I did. I glanced at the door for the hundreth time. Harry still hasn't come back yet. I'm getting worried Draco got what he wanted. Whatever that was exactly.

Theo leaned his head onto Draco's shoulder. "Dracie-poo, what's the matter? You look glum." Theo's always done that, fake flirt with Draco. It's one of the many things I will never understand about him. Willingly smacking Draco Malfoy's ass everyday is not something I'd enjoy.

Draco shook Theo off of him and sent him a glare. "Like Cassie said, just tired."

Theo groaned in annoyance. "I need at least one of you to match my energy." He dramatically slammed his hands on the table and cleared his throat. "Friends and family, this is our sixth year at Hogwarts. We are now on the official older side of the school and we are going to have fun, dammit. Now why is everyone not as stoked as I am?"

People were beginning to stare. Athena shushed him and gestured for him to calm down. "We are about to have to sit through another one of Dumbledore's long speeches about kindness or whatever. Nothing about that is exciting."

Theo was about to say something else before he got distracted by someone entering the hall. "Draco, Draco, look at Potty! He got the shit beat out of him!" Theo laughed. I turned to the door to see Harry finally walking in, holding a towel to his bloody nose.

Our eyes caught one another's for a moment and I sent him a small sympathetic smile. He nodded in response as a way of saying it's ok, before looking past me and glaring at Draco. Draco was laughing along with Theo at the sight.

"Do you know something I don't?" Athena whispered as she followed my eye line to Harry.

"What do you mean?"

"That." She nodded her head towards Harry, who had sat down at the Gryffindor table. "That look you and Potter just shared. That's not just a look."