Secrets

Harry Potter

Harry Potter

It's been two weeks since Cassie and I made our rules. It's been absolutely brilliant. We both have been following the rules well and spending a lot more time with one another. I admit, I am having a little problem with rule number seven, but I'm sure the feeling will go away.

I walked up the stone steps to Dumbledore's office. I pushed open the large wood door to see Dumbledore sitting at his desk. "Ah, Harry. I see you've got my message. Come in." I made my way further into the room. "How are you?" He asked.

I was a little taken back. Usually when I come to his office it's because my life is in danger. "I'm fine, sir."

"Enjoying your classes? I know Professor Slughorn is most impressed with you."

Thanks to the half blood prince."I think he over estimates my abilities, sir."

"Oh, do you?"

"Definitely." I answered, earning a chuckle from Dumbledore.

"What about your activities outside the classroom?"

"Sir?"

"Well, I've noticed you going around Slytherin common room lately." He paused, waiting for me to finish the story. 

Obviously I can't tell him what I'm actually there for. "Oh, just getting some extra help with homework."

"Oh, good. With whom?"

I can't just make someone up. What if he mentions it to them? I have no choice but to at least be honest about this part. "Er, Cassiopeia Nott."

"She is very bright, always has been. I didn't expect you two to become friends. You run with much different crowds." I was hoping he would drop the subject and thankfully he did. "Enough chit chat. You must be wondering why I've called you here."

He beckoned to a large shelf in the corner of the room. Rows were filled to the brim with tiny vials. Each had a thick, glowing, blue liquid inside them. "What you are looking at are memories. In this case, pertaining to one Individual, Voldemort, or, as he was known then, Tom Riddle."

The name sent shivers up my spine as I remembered back to when he tried to kill me in my second year. Not exactly the most pleasant of memories. Dumbledore picked up a vial off the shelf and held it out for me to see. 

"This vial contains the most particular memory of the day I first met him. I'd like you to see it, it you would." He said, pouring the vial into the pensive. 

As I transported into the memory, I took note of my surroundings. Dim lanterns lit the cold street, making it somewhat difficult to see. A gloomy feeling casted over the large building I could make out in front of me.

Wool's Orphanage

Next thing I knew, we were in the orphanage. "I admit some confusion upon receiving your letter, Mr. Dumbledore. In all the years Tom's been here, he's never once had a family visitor." Said a tired looking lady.