Through Blood and Dreams

Harry Potter

Harry Potter

"How do I look?" 

Cassie's beautiful, beautiful lips turned up into a smile. "Like you didn't just slam a girl on your professor's desk." She answered, brushing through her hair with her fingers.

I glanced over at the desk feeling slightly guilty. Slughorn probably eats on that desk. I guess I just ate on that desk as well. Heat crept up my spine as I recalled the memory. 

I held my arm out for Cassie as she finished straightening her dress. She took it gladly and we left the room, turning down the hall to head back to the Christmas party. I held to Cassie as she fell slightly into me. "Cass?"

"Hm?"

The corners of my lips turned up. "You're wobbling." 

She hit my arm lightly. "Don't look so proud."

The amused grin didn't leave my face. When we got close to the party, she went ahead while I stood back a few moments before entering through another entrance. Movement behind one of the light pink curtains immediately caught my eye. 

Slipping behind the curtain as well, Hermione let out a surprised gasp before realizing it was just me. "I've just escaped." She whispered harshly before I could ask anything. Taking in my even more confused expression, she explained. "I left Cormac under the mistletoe."

"You brought Cormac?" I asked with wide eyes. Cormac Mclaggen, notorious man whore. He's flirted with half the class and probably has at least one STD. "What happened to bringing Neville?" 

"He didn't make it into slug club. Cormac was a last resort and....I thought it would annoy Ron the most." She buried her head in her hands. I rubbed her back in comfort. "He's got more tentacles than a Snarflump plant!" Hermione groaned.

I moved over as one of the waiters ducked under the curtain with us. The space quickly grew crowded as he brought his large tray in with him. He smiled at us."Dragon tartare?"

"We're fine, thank you." I answered.

"Just as well. They give one horribly bad breath."

Hermione perked up at his words. I sent her a sideways glance as she began scooping tarts into her mouth."Might keep Cormac at bay." She said, the food in her mouth muffling her words.

I peered through the thin curtain as another figure came into view. I guess Hermione realized who it was before I did because she slipped out just as Cormac slipped in. He let out an exasperated sigh as she left, turning to me for an explanation. "She's powdering her nose." I lied.

"Slippery little minx, your friend." He laughed. The waiter, still under the curtain with us, offered Cormac a tart.  He gladly took one with a "thank you". His eyebrows furrowed at the taste. "What is this I'm eating?"

I looked down at the greenish ball in his hand. "Dragon balls." 

Cormac turned about fifty different shades of green. The curtain was pulled aside again. Oh, brilliant. The more the merrier. Snape glared at me upon arrival. Cormac's stomach made an inhumane noise. He hunched over and vomited right on Snape's shoes.