Deny, Deny, Deny

Harry Potter

Harry Potter

"I have to admit, I thought I was going to miss that last one." Ron laughed. He's been talking about his success at tryouts since tryouts two days ago. Hermione and I started tuning him out after the first half hour of it. "I hope Cormac's not taking it too hard." Ron looked down at Hermione on the floor from his seat on the couch. "He's got a bit of a thing for you, Hermione."

Hermione put the down the newspaper she had been reading to roll her eyes. "He's vile."

I refocused my attention to my potions book. I've been reading through it since that first day in potions. It serves as a great distraction from trying to sort out my feeling for Cassie. 

I know I have feelings for her. 

I think she has feelings for me. 

I know she wants nothing more than our current relationship of studying and shagging a few times a week.

And I know that I want more than that.

It was a brilliant idea to follow her down to her tree yesterday because now, we are practically in a real relationship. Problem is she doesn't know that. I don't think. I don't know. It's all bloody confusing. 

I also think I might be breaking my own heart by allowing myself to fall for her. Kissing her, holding her hand, just being with her makes me think that maybe we can do this. Maybe we can be in a real relationship, even if it's secret. But I know she wouldn't go for it. 

At least not any time soon. Hey, maybe if I'm lucky she'll be having these same thoughts and just come running into my arms any moment now. 

I shook the thoughts from my head and turned the page of the ratty textbook. The next page only had one marking on it at the very top, unlike the rest of the pages that are filled to the brim with notes and scribbles.

Sectumsempra - For enemies 

I've read it over at least a million times. I'm not sure why, but this particular spell always sparks my interest. I mean, I do have a lot of enemies. Voldemort, Malfoy, Bellatrix Lestrange, the entire Ministry of Magic, the list goes on. "Have you ever heard of this spell?" I asked, moving the book to show Hermione. "Sectumsempra?"

"No, I haven't." She scoffed. "And if you had a shred of self respect, you'd hand that book in."

"Not bloody likely." Ron interjected. "He's top of the class. He's even better than you, Hermione. Slughorn thinks he's a genius." 

Hermione slammed the newspaper into her lap and turned to glare at Ron. Ron, being the oblivious moron he sometimes is, looked confused. "What?"

Hermione then turned to me. "I'd like to know whose that book was. Let's have a look, shall we?" I shut the book and stumbled back before she could reach it. I quickly stood up, tucking the book behind me. "No."