Antionette and Pierre

Cassiopeia Nott

Cassiopeia Nott

Another day, another potions class. While Slughorn is much nicer than Snape, he's absolutely mad. Always tripping on his words, breaking glasses, taking not so secret sips from a flask. Just an overall mess, really.

I was more than happy when he dismissed us after what felt like hours of learning nothing. I joined the crowded hall outside, having to push my way through. Fridays are my favorite day of the week because the grounds outside the school are always empty. Perfect place to sit and read with no interruptions.

I made my way out the front doors and around the side of the school. Humming as I walked to a large tree with a view of the lake and Hagrid's hut. I wonder what the inside of his hut looks like. I've only ever seen glimpses of it from when he taught care for magical creatures in third year.

I plopped down beside the tree, leaning against the oak. A breeze blew through the crisp October air. The last of summer came quickly, sparing no time turning the leaves from a royal green to red and orange.

I pulled out my book and flipped it open. I managed to get through three paragraphs before someone sat down next to me.

"Hi, Harry." I greeted, only glancing at him for a second. I guess if anyone was going to interrupt me, I'm glad it's him.

"Hi, Cassie. What are you doing out here?"

"Trying to get some alone time. What are you doing out here?"

"Followed you."

"Why?"

"Well, I can't have you having any fun without me. Can I be alone with you?"

"Yes, but you have to be quiet." He drew a line across his lip with two fingers and pretended to toss a key away. He moved to lay down on a patch of grass in front of me to look up at the sky.

I turned back to my book, but couldn't but help but wonder about the boy across from me. What's his favorite book? Does he even like to read? It dawned on me how little I really know about Harry Potter.

Something tells me I'm not going to be getting much reading done today. I shut my book and set it next to me. "You know, we've been hooking up for almost a month, and I know little to nothing about you."

He turned to face me, a smile already growing on his face. "I thought you said we were being quiet." I stuck out my bottom lip and made mocking puppy dog eyes my eyes at him. He laughed in response. "Alright. What do you want to know?"

"Just about you." I shrugged. "What's your favorite class?"

"Easy. Transfiguration."

"Why?"

"Mcgonagall likes me. She's the only teacher who's patient with me. What about you?"

"Defense against the dark arts."